Leisurepro Good Deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap:
I'd thank them for all their help and give them Yankey's phone number. They built it and sold it, they can figure out how they are going to get it back for failure analysis. :dazzler1:

I sent them this e-mail earlier today:

Eric,
Leisurepro is honoring the uwatec warranty, I don't know what they are going to do with the unit.
If you want you can ask my salesman Yankey directly at: Yankeyd@leisurepro.com
Hope you guys get the bugs worked out.
Sean

Sean326:
No... thats not Yankey.
Yankey, does have a "handle" on the board and he chimes in from time to time.
It's not hard to figure out who he is.
he doesn't need to self promote, he is my salesman at LP as well, and they are the best, way..... way.... better than any LDS.
Let me tell you a tale of two computers... one bought from LP $400.00 below retail and another bought 7 years ago at full retail from an LDS.
back when I was young and naive I bought an uwatec air X from my dive shop for full bust out retail. It worked great for about 5 years then died. I took it back to the dive shop and they sent it back to uwatec / SP. about 8 weeks later I got back a brand new wrist unit of the latest model, the air Z, not bad but I was without a computer for 2 months.
Now I've been diving with the Z for the last two years and about a month ago the transmitter (uwatec never replaced the transmitter or changed the battery while they had it)died so I sent it back now I'm again without my old computer for 1 or 2 months while the LDS and uwatec / SP receive process and ship back the unit.
Now lets shift over to the newest computer I bought, this time I bought it from LP at about $400.00 less than my LDS was willing to charge me, not only that but LP sent it next day and the LDS had a backorder time of 4 weeks.
after about a dozen dives I have a problem with the computer detailed in the following thread:
problem with the Uwatec smart tec
I send it back to LP and with a turn around time of just a few days I get back a new unit....
Hmmmm.. let me think LDS=full bust out retail and months without my gear.
or.....
LP= 25+% below full retail and an almost instant warranty responce....
why does anyone go to an LDS anymore why is there still an LDS / LP controversy?

Just to follow up on my old post,

I just received my replacement dive computer from LP under their warranty program, about 7 days after I sent it back to them.

My air Z went back for battery replacement through the local authorized dealer where I bought it. I gave it to him about a month ago and I'm still waiting for it, it'll probably be another month before I get it.

gotten all my gear from them and saved a whole bunch of money and super fast shipping , no problems so far.

I've purchased several things online from Yankey. When I actually visited LPro he wasn't in, so David helped me. I've always had good service from LPro, but it also helps that I know what I want before I call them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom