Leisurepro Good Deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, bubble blowers . . .

Everyone has opinions regarding on-line sales, Leisure-Pro, etc. versus the LDS, some very passionate and some not.

Let's just make sure we keep any following posts civil, OK?

the K

Sean326:
Now lets shift over to the newest computer I bought, this time I bought it from LP at about $400.00 less than my LDS was willing to charge me, not only that but LP sent it next day and the LDS had a backorder time of 4 weeks.

after about a dozen dives I have a problem with the computer detailed in the following thread:

problem with the Uwatec smart tec

I send it back to LP and with a turn around time of just a few days I get back a new unit....

Hmmmm.. let me think LDS=full bust out retail and months without my gear.

or.....

LP= 25+% below full retail and an almost instant warranty responce....

why does anyone go to an LDS anymore why is there still an LDS / LP controversy?

I'm having a hard time following this and your linked thread. Did you handle this latest problem thru LP or thru UWATEC? Sounds like it was handled thru both which is interesting because I don't believe LP is an authorized dealer for UWATEC/Scubapro. Did you send you failed computer directly to UWATEC or did you send it thru LP. If directly thru UWATEC, how did LP come to send you a new one?

I've always wondered if something serious happened with a piece of equipment purchased from other than an "authorized dealer" how the mfgr might handle it if they really wanted it back for failure analysis.

The Kraken:
OK, bubble blowers . . .

Everyone has opinions regarding on-line sales, Leisure-Pro, etc. versus the LDS, some very passionate and some not.

the K

Just curios.... what was un-civil?

The Kraken:
OK, bubble blowers . . .

the K

I, too, am having a hard time understanding what you are refering to. I have to assume it is a post other than Sean326's.

Nothing, yet . . . and hopefully not at all

But most threads regarding Leisure-Pro have a tendency to become quite agitated and heated.
Not chastising, just a friendly reminder.

An ounce of prevention . . .

the K

awap:
I'm having a hard time following this and your linked thread. Did you handle this latest problem thru LP or thru UWATEC? Sounds like it was handled thru both which is interesting because I don't believe LP is an authorized dealer for UWATEC/Scubapro. Did you send you failed computer directly to UWATEC or did you send it thru LP. If directly thru UWATEC, how did LP come to send you a new one?

I've always wondered if something serious happened with a piece of equipment purchased from other than an "authorized dealer" how the mfgr might handle it if they really wanted it back for failure analysis.

Good question, I'm sorry my writing sometimes lags behind my brain or is it vice versa?

I felt that since this was a brand new computer and it was such a catastrophic failure that the owners manual claims will never happen, That Uwatec would want to know about it.

(That failure being a total lock up at depth. In my case it was around 140' off Jersey on a wreck. I lost depth info, time, deco, and air pressure. nothing just a flashing SOS on the screen...)

Any way I took Pics and sent a note to uwatec, they were very interested and had a great sense of urgency. They wanted to analyze the unit write reports etc...

Hello Sean,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can tell you that we have never seen anything like this before, nor have we heard of any computer going into SOS mode while still under water.
I would like to send you a NEXT Day UPS label and box to get that unit back from you.
1. I want to download it to look at profiles and
2. Get it to Switzerland for evaluation. They will provide a report as to what might be the cause.
We will replace the unit with a new one, and still provide details of the findings on the first unit.
Please provide an address for the UPS info and the Serial number off the wrist unit.
Best regards,

until they found out I got it from LP.

Hello Sean,
This is a first for me.
Leisure Pro sold that computer and has a responsibility to get it evaluated in Switzerland. Can you ask them what they plan on doing with it once they replace it?
Thanks,

Then they just said there was nothing they could do for me, they still wanted my unit but not bad enough to send me a replacement. And i was not going to write off a thousand dollars just because of their autorized dealer policy.

The whole time I was copying LP on the correspondence and LP sent back this note.

Sean
We will send you a replacement as soon as we receive the defective unit
Thank You
Yankey D
(800)637-6880 Ext 2318

I just kinda thought for the sake of saving lives Uwatec may make an exception to their policy. It's not that great a stretch for me to imagine this kind of failure killing a diver.

So the short answer is I sent it back to LP and they sent me a replacement.

Sean326:
(That failure being a total lock up at depth. In my case it was around 140' off Jersey on a wreck. I lost depth info, time, deco, and air pressure. nothing just a flashing SOS on the screen...)

Any way I took Pics and sent a note to uwatec, they were very interested and had a great sense of urgency. They wanted to analyze the unit write reports etc...
until they found out I got it from LP.

So the short answer is I sent it back to LP and they sent me a replacement.

Interesting.

UWATEC was very interested in this critical safety related failure that could be present in other computers. They want to know more about the problem. Then they discover the source of your computer and the tune changes.

Do you think UWATEC was willing to lose the information that could be gained in a failure analysis of your computer? I doubt it. My guess is that they are probably very familiar with the route their equipment takes between them and LP and were confident that little would be lost. Also, from my experience, LP had received all the necessary "authorization" from their original source before they committed to sending you a replacement.

awap:
Interesting.

UWATEC was very interested in this critical safety related failure that could be present in other computers. They want to know more about the problem. Then they discover the source of your computer and the tune changes.

Do you think UWATEC was willing to lose the information that could be gained in a failure analysis of your computer? I doubt it. My guess is that they are probably very familiar with the route their equipment takes between them and LP and were confident that little would be lost. Also, from my experience, LP had received all the necessary "authorization" from their original source before they committed to sending you a replacement.

could be, but I got this note from uwatec / sp

doesn't really sound like they have a good plan or even know what will happen with it.

Hello Sean,
This is a first for me.
Leisure Pro sold that computer and has a responsibility to get it evaluated in Switzerland. Can you ask them what they plan on doing with it once they replace it?
Thanks,

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

I think The Kraken is right, why all the excitement about LeisurePro, I just saw the other threads how people are frustated with high prices and Warranty issues, so I thought I'll just share my experience and how happy I am with my purchase at LP, especially with service I got from the salesman Yankey, I can understand that people may have some issues with LP as with all other shops, but how would I become a LeisurePro Salesman as suggested by miesemer and doing broadcasting for LP, I don't see anyhting wrong in sharing a good experience that I had and maybe some other divers of the community can benefit from it, that's all

Sean326:
could be, but I got this note from uwatec / sp

doesn't really sound like they have a good plan or even know what will happen with it.

I'd thank them for all their help and give them Yankey's phone number. They built it and sold it, they can figure out how they are going to get it back for failure analysis. :dazzler1:

Back
Top Bottom