LeisurePro purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "best of your understanding" is bad.You are wrong. LeisurePro have two instructors on staff. Their service and that of the store is outstanding. My old LDS had lousy service. Does LP certify? No, the instructors do. What's your beef? Why make unsubstantiated claims?

Just called Leisure Pro to inquire about cert classes. The guy said they don't offer them. Ergo - no dive certifications through Leisure Pro.

So how is my claim unsubstantiated?

Dive classes are a "loss leader" in the scuba industry.

They are there to drive gear sales for dive shops. (classes = students, students = customers, customers = gear sales).

I'd bet that if most shops could get away with not teaching classes and increase their sales, then they would let all their classes be taught by referral independent instructors.....

Just called Leisure Pro to inquire about cert classes. The guy said they don't offer them. Ergo - no dive certifications through Leisure Pro.

So how is my claim unsubstantiated?

You are correct, LP does not cert. You talk to Ben their store manager and resident instructor/dm he can point you to the best options of getting cert and not get over charged.

PS

Ben also instructs, private lessons. I forgot I am considering a padi class and he will do the class in dutch springs. As all NE divers knows dutch springs seem to be the only place classes are given, to cold for my taste though, smile. So even though LP does not cert, their staff does.

Last edited:
That's pretty much the case everywhere. Shops don't certify divers, instructors do.

Never had problems with LP myself. Suspect that they are too big to try and do some kind of cheap rip off - probably someone screwed up, and then made things worse trying to cover his own tail.

I know some people on the board hate online dive gear sales (signs of this thread heading in that direction already), but it truly is a Godsend in parts of the world where the LDS doesn't stock much other than masks and fins for sale.

If your fill service is so valuable and hard to replace, why not charge a price that reflects that? Charge $25 a tank, $35 for nitrox. People will either have to quit diving or pay you, right? If LeisurePro can't match your service, why not charge accordingly? Won't people pay more to have their stuff serviced in a few days? Sorry you've had your hours cut back; if your shop is a charitable organization I'll send the $50. That's what you're asking for, isn't it? Charity?

Ok I think that is what all dive shops should do around the world. Lets get them charging more for air fills. Thanks for the idea, I love making a small sport even more in-accessible for people. Great idea though you bill gates you!!!

Oh well, I will continue to provide great service and I don't want your F-en money because at the end of the day it still isn't supporting your local dive shop.

Maybe LP will take it from you as you clearly got more to spend on stuff they sell and help put another LDS out of business while you are at it.

Ok I think that is what all dive shops should do around the world. Lets get them charging more for air fills. Thanks for the idea, I love making a small sport even more in-accessible for people. Great idea though you bill gates you!!!

Oh well, I will continue to provide great service and I don't want your F-en money because at the end of the day it still isn't supporting your local dive shop.

Maybe LP will take it from you as you clearly got more to spend on stuff they sell and help put another LDS out of business while you are at it.

Huh?!?!?!? Ani lo yodayah!

Oh the show is starting to heat up, popcorn anyone :popcorn:

I think an additional hit of 15 bucks per dive trip over time is a bit easier to take then having to pay upfront MSRP for dive gear. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom