LeisurePro vs LDS Package quote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question: now that I have my gear should I bring it to a dive shop so they can perform a bench test on it? Or is it usually good to go right out of the box? I am going to a deep pool on Friday and I figured this was enough to test...
Any comments?

Thanks!

Oh my goodness!!!

When buying from a LDS, you would not have to ask this question. I do hope that you know what you are doing. I would definitely find a very experienced friend to look over your equipment and check it out for and with you (buddy dive!!!).

I do believe in both LDS and online (for some stuff). And Craigslist has been the best source for used (some nearly new) equipment!

I am glad you got a great deal - more money for other stuff!!!

drdaddy

Everything went well... I didn't die! :)
What I did is rent a tank before hand and did some test at home. To make sure there was no leaks, to make sure the regulator was working... Anyway, I am very happy. And I saved about 900$!

FYI - I have a friend at a resort dive shop that offered me really good pricing on Aqua Lung gear (25-35%) off list. I asked a LDS to get close and at first, they were in shock that I had prices that low (they thought it was internet pricing), but they did get close enough, through in a year of service on the Regs, some Reg cases, and all in all I thought supporting a LDS was a good thing. So did my friend at the resort dive shop.

So give your LDS a chance and see if they can throw in 1-2 years of Reg. service or something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom