Lembeh for single diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
gj999

gj999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, does anybody know of a dive operator in Lembeh that has accommodation for single divers without a single supplement eg a single room or a dorm?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Who have you contacted so far?

NAD, KBR, Bastianos, Murex, Two Fish, Dive into Lembeh, Divers Lodge
Maybe you can consider it as a single discount? Example: two people, full board, incl. laundry service, in our most affordable accommodation pay IDR 1.550.000 (bit over USD 100, - ) per night. If you come single, we discount the costs for the meals and laundry, and you would pay only IDR 975.000.

Which Lembeh dive resort did you choose? I’m leaning toward Bastianos Froggie Dive Lembeh. It looks like I can book thru Rocketmiles which gives me airline. Then, I can do A La Carte for diving. However, it is 4:1 ratio. So, I’m thinking of hiring a private guide/spotter. Does anyone know about their house reef?

I couldn't find a dive resort that had any decent package for a single diver, but I was lucky enough to persuade a buddy to go so we ended up going to Two Fish. They also operate on 1:4 but it was often less than that in practice. Personally I don't like 1:1 guiding because you only have two pairs of eyes to spot critters.

I dive travel single all the time and absolutely loathe single supplements. To some extent I get it if the resort is full, but if there are empty rooms, it is nothing more than a lame, shortsighted cash grab. Fortunately, most of the places I use will discount the supplement and/or wave it altogether if they are not sold out. Ask them; the worst they can say is no.

There's very few places in South East Asia where I can't dive and stay without a single supplement, or the rooms are such good value that it doesn't really matter. Lembeh seems to be a bit of an exception, but even though I do about 150 resort dives a year there are still plenty of other options.

For 4 of our 8 bungalows we do not charge a single supplement. Actually, we are very happy we have been able to lower all our rates. Also for the diving. And you would have your own private boat and guide.

For 4 of our 8 bungalows we do not charge a single supplement. Actually, we are very happy we have been able to lower all our rates. Also for the diving. And you would have your own private boat and guide.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom