Lembeh in february. Which resort would you recommend and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spent 3 weeks at NAD last November. The resort has a water dispenser that has cold and hot choices. With fridges filled with soda, beer etc. @Manuel Sam I saw the Hairy Octo last November.... Never had time to shore dive so can't say for sure although we did get in the water at the dock because there were some Sargassum Frog Fish! Food is delicious at NAD (not too spicy) and they would probably cater to your requests. Lots of choices with salads and mains, not all Indo food, we had Pizza, Pastas etc. Great Vegetarian options as well.

Spent 3 weeks at NAD last November. The resort has a water dispenser that has cold and hot choices. With fridges filled with soda, beer etc. @Manuel Sam I saw the Hairy Octo last November.... Never had time to shore dive so can't say for sure although we did get in the water at the dock because there were some Sargassum Frog Fish! Food is delicious at NAD (not too spicy) and they would probably cater to your requests. Lots of choices with salads and mains, not all Indo food, we had Pizza, Pastas etc. Great Vegetarian options as well.

Sounds promising! Since you were there in November, any chance you remember what water temps were like? The thought of needing a wetsuit is horrifying lol.

It was soooo good!!!!! You know I think every LOB I have been on in Indo has served pizza for afternoon snack too!!

I was joking :yeahbaby:. Having said this, I tend to eat local food............ I even dare to try american food when I am on your side of the pound:cheers:

We had a wonderful 10 days at Lembeh Resort. Highly recommend them. They have a few nice coral dives too. Their Mandarin fish dive beats any I have seen in PNG and Indonesia. They have a co-operative agreement with Siladen for a discount. Siladen is primarily walldives with tons of fish and a great crew on and off land. Can't highly recommend it enough.

What I like about both these Resports is the commitment to the environment and the well being of their staff and families. I prefer my disposable income goes to a good cause if possible. I don't know about the other places tho.

I was joking :yeahbaby:. Having said this, I tend to eat local food............ I even dare to try american food when I am on your side of the pound:cheers:
I too eat the local cuisine... love it all, but after 3 weeks I really start to crave a good fattening, bad for you western meal!!! I usually feel horrible after I eat it, but it is a necessary evil! That being said Indonesia has some amazing food, especially compared to many other top dive locales in the world.

Sounds promising! Since you were there in November, any chance you remember what water temps were like? The thought of needing a wetsuit is horrifying lol.
Water was 84F but I don't think that was normal. This last year + has been strange with higher water temps in many places. I think the water temps tend to get lower in November, which is why they see the hairy octo. I would just check with the resort. My husband never wears a wet suit.

Lembeh is great *IF* you're after seeing the best things on your computer screen after the dive. (Most things you see in Lembeh are small -- REALLY small!) Not many reefs.

10 - 12 days is A LOT of time to spend in any one place for diving, but if you plan to do this at Lembeh you best know what you're going to get -- and what you're not going to get.

You have a big camera, and it's an important part of your diving?

- Bill
I was just there for 12 days and loved it. I do underwater photography so I enjoyed it. The diving there is awesome. Great experience. Every dive saw different critters.

The thought of needing a wetsuit is horrifying lol.

I have been to Lembeh Resort three times during July, and doing 3 dives a day a 5mm is necessary given the 26C water temps.

If it was a nice warm 30C I'd still have full protection, too risky not to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom