Lemon Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angie one of JDC DM's was diving with a private group from her (and her husband Chuck's) boat and came across a huge group of Lemons (estimated at over 30).

I hope we have similar luck next Saturday!
WOW

Went out yesterday and today; saw 2 lemons Sat and 2 Sunday; no big groups but we did Area 51 for the first dive both days - they were on the Zion Train per the report from the aftenoon boat

Regardless both days were fantastic diving - fairly calm, excellent viz ( 70 - 80 ft), lots of reef sharks - h20 temp 74

Super weekend all around!!

I'll be in West Palm area for the next 10 days and would like to try and see the Lemons, Considering JDC, just wondering how "buddy" strict they are? I will be solo, and usually dive that way,(usually hunting or photog) and am experienced in drift diving the West Palm area. but will follow thier rules. Any other ops that I should consider? I usually dive a bit further south.....
Dan

Of course they are there and when you shoot fish, yes they will be very interested especially in larger groups. Even individually, a Bull Shark is virtually fearless of a diver, more so when that diver has a maimed or dead fish. Soooooooo.... spear fishing during the time when hundreds or thousands of Lemon Sharks are in the area may not exactly be 'wise' unless your goal is to do shark feeding but thats illegal from what I understand. As for biting divers? I doubt that. The news would be making a huge deal of that. Biting other sharks? More likely, they bite during the mating process.. its a bit goth don't you think? :)

Hey, who doesn't bite during the mating process?

I'll be in West Palm area for the next 10 days and would like to try and see the Lemons, Considering JDC, just wondering how "buddy" strict they are? I will be solo, and usually dive that way,(usually hunting or photog) and am experienced in drift diving the West Palm area. but will follow thier rules. Any other ops that I should consider? I usually dive a bit further south.....
Dan

JDC doesn't care about buddies...they cater to hunters anyways who are usually solo...if you want you can tag along with the one or two DMs they always have in the water.

Cheers.

-J.-

Saw only one this afternoon. It was on The Bluffs reef. Visibility was down to about 30 feet.

What's the outlook for tomorrow for the Lemon shark dives with Jupiter Dive center?

Anyone been diving with them recently enough to give me the water temp and any sightings of Lemons?

Thanks,
Matt

I am seriously thinking of going next weekend.

I'm scheduled for the boat tomorrow morning up there... hopefully we'll see some! Jenny... we are going again next Saturday (weather permitting) if you'd like to join us. :D

What's the outlook for tomorrow for the Lemon shark dives with Jupiter Dive center?

Anyone been diving with them recently enough to give me the water temp and any sightings of Lemons?

Thanks,
Matt

I was there last Sunday. Water temp was mid 70s. Although I didn't see any, most of the boat saw several lemon sharks circling around the Zion Train wreck.

All I saw were lots of turtles.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom