Lemon Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLDiveJunkie and I went out with Pura Vida Divers in search of Lemons. Our first dive was in Shark Canyon. No lemons... We did see several Nurse's... and everyone tells me there was a Carribean following me... but, I never saw it. Second dive was on Mid Reef... No sharks...

We struck out on the lemons... but.. we did have two great dives. It was sloppy & windy out there... but, it was nice underwater...

They're here but conditions are messing everything up. Two weeks ago, I was on my own boat. Two of us dropped in on the Jupiter wrecks to more than 40 lemon sharks sitting in the sand. Friggin AWESOME. They were also there the next day. We saw fewer because a boat dropped a few divers ahead of us and they scattered a bit. Last weekend, conditions went to hell with a south current and then a zero current. We saw a few in the aweful 10 ft. of visibility. They were singles swimming around, not the herd. Now that's creepy in 10 ft. vis. Conditions improved during the week, but went bad again for the weekend. The sharks need a decent current to gather. You also need decent visibility to see then. They could be in a sandy area 22 ft. away from you and you won't see them is the visibility is 20 ft. Typically when you have a decent northern current you have decent visibility. However, if there are significant swells like this past weekend, you have aweful visibility even with a north current. Please cooperate with us Mother Nature.

That may explain why we didn't see any last weekend while out with Jupiter dive center. We'll have to come down and try again in a week or two.

Thanks,
Matt

I was on the Jupiter Lemon shark dive on the 26th with bad vis and no sharks. i am giong to try again on Saturday the 9th of Feb. Any takers?

Jon, did you do the morning or afternoon dives? Which boat?

I was on the Jupiter Lemon shark dive on the 26th with bad vis and no sharks. i am giong to try again on Saturday the 9th of Feb. Any takers?

We had bad vis and no Lemons on the 19th morning dives with Jupiter Dive Center. We're going to try again this Saturday morning (Feb 2). We're going out this time with Narcosis in Riviera Beach. They leave an hour earlier and were actually at the site that we wanted to be at when Jupiter (us) came along. Hopefully "the early bird gets the worm" will pay off as the preferred sites won't be taken. There were dive boats and fisherman all over when we got there so we had to try elsewhere.

We'll be diving again with Narcosis and Jupiter Dive Center on the weekend of Feb. 9th/10th once we figure who to go out with on which day as availability allows.

He was my dive buddy girl... you met him! :D

ooohhhhhhh..... Him......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom