Lenses for the epm1 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has the half minimum focusing distance of the 45mm, so in that respect it's probably fine.
In case you like doing fish portraits, it's probably great for that. But it is definitely not a standard lens under water.
It is not very wide for video.

Are you new to UW photo? Take a dive with your standard zoom locked at 25mm /50mm equivalent. If you like it, the 25mm will probably be your lens.
Most people prefer something much more wide or macro.

im not new to uw video, ive used the panasonic zs3 and the wide-to-zoom capability really does make it a great u/w camera for video. i am more a little more partial towards wide angles u/w.

the reason i asked about the 25/1.8 is, its a great topside lens and i hardly use my kit since ive gotten it. topside, i seem to make do with the 25 as i can crop and shoot panorama even (if i wanted wide). i do understand, that it is not as easy to adjust your position underwater to get viable angles and distances.

however i did notice the 25/1.8 does focus much faster tha the kit lens and this may be of benefit for video. however, it seems like its c-af autofocus is still not as smooth as the implementation of my old (2009) panasonic zs3. im wondering now if the epm1 is better set to single focus (half press) for video, though again, that may be much more difficult to do u/w than topside ( which seems to work better for me, esp in low light)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom