Leopard Seal Attack, South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I went to Alaska and was back country hiking my best friend is a Marlin 1895SBL in .45-70 Government, the only Government in which a man can trust! It snuggled in my sleeping bag and accompanied me every inch of the way. Fortunatley my first line of defense, common sense was used and my second line of defense (bear spray) and my third line of defense (Marlin 1895SBL) went unused. Bears I am skeered of, especially big brown ones that haver never seen people but a few times, sharks, not so much. Could you imagine participating in a brown and polar bear feed! Here you guys, kneel on the ground in a semi circle while we feed these wild griz fresh salmon! Guess what else would be on the menu! Sharks in contrast are rather docile (until they are not). I guess I have a new nightmare critter to be skeered of, leopard seals, arrrggghh and I am just now getting over the movie Jaws :wink:. They are scary and clearly potentially dangerous.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom