Let’s do the ten best scifi/fantasy series (can’t go with 5)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You all have already mentioned some of my favorite reads :)
... a lot of the foremost authors in SF got their start, in one of my favorite magazines ... Analog

David Wingrove's Chung Kuo series.

now that is one i forgot about and never finished....

Must find it if i ever get back to civilization.

No bookstores here.. :( So my reading is strictly whatever guests leave behind which doesn't happen often enough.. :D

Harry Harrison, The Stainless Steel Rat is about the only other series I can think of....

Oh, there's also Vernor Vinge, A Fire Upon the Deep -- although I didn't like A Deepness in the Sky as much...

Steven Erikson: Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen, it's a relatively new series but he's already pretty much done with it, it's a ten book cycle and it's amazing, it's what Robert Jordan and Terry Goodkind would be if they didn't pad their books so much.

Glen Cook: Chronicles of the Black Company

and as mentioned before Terry Pratchett's Discworld, funny but still a scathing look at the aspects of modern society.

Now Vinge is new to me . . . Have to look those up.

Piers Anthony's best ones, for my money, are the Orn, Omnivore, Ox trilogy.

TSandM:
Now Vinge is new to me . . . Have to look those up.

A Fire Upon the Deep is great, it is one of my favorites now, highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom