Let's Dive at Blue Hole!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You all have fun. Sorry I can't be there, i'll be in Key Largo YEAH!! :mooner:

Yeah, I'm VERY sure that you are sooooo sorry that you will be in FL! :D

Have fun Jason, and I'm wishing you great weather, calm seas, mild currents, and great vis!

It's not looking good for me either as the two folks that would most likely ride share down, are planning on a low vis, cold, Aurora dive on Sat. I may just join them! :D

You all have fun. Sorry I can't be there, i'll be in Key Largo YEAH!! :mooner:

That's right!! Have fun!! Make sure you dive the Duane!! Great wreck!

I'm driving down and hooking up with TJack for the weekend, so I'll be there after all.

Kevin, get those doubles ready, and brush up on your teaching skills! :D

This kinda came about at the last minute, so I'm not sure what we will have in the way of food! We shall see you all Sunday morning.

I'm driving down and hooking up with TJack for the weekend, so I'll be there after all.

Kevin, get those doubles ready, and brush up on your teaching skills! :D

This kinda came about at the last minute, so I'm not sure what we will have in the way of food! We shall see you all Sunday morning.

The doubles are ready....... wait, you mean for YOU? :eyebrow:

I've got some brats that I'll bring along. Just picked up some extra propane for the grill.
Doesn't matter, anything will work. I'd say we're not a particularly discerning group (as far as food goes. :blinking:

A good time was had by all! :D

We did a lovely night dive late Friday night (did not splash until around 10:00pm). Vis was good, but there sure were a lot of particles in the water column.

Tom tried out his drysuit for the first time, and dove dry for the first time. He had no issues other than the fact that we discovered at the end of the weekend that his Drysuit inflater was a little loose. He had a bit of moisture leaking in the Saturday, and I think we solved that.

The Hole was not crowded, and vis was excellent for most of the dives.

Perch was a surprisingly warm 61F. Vis there was also quite good, but had been kicked up a bit by an Advanced class that was in the water when we arrived. Saw striped Bass, smallmouth bass, perch, and Bluegill. Max depth was 49' which is deeper than I thought the lake was. Perch has interesting topography, and this time we hit the plane, then the car, and then did one and a half loops around the bottom perimeter.

I dove doubles for the first time on Sunday. My buoyancy was a little off, but overall it was not a lot different than diving singles except I had more gas! Ohh, they are a bit heavier on the surface as well!

The the Hole, one Piranhas is stall out and about along with the usual suspects including the Huge Carp, and Goldfish. The other Piranhas must have died in the dredging as I've not seen two since that time, and they were always together. I saw a few Crawdads on the night dive, but they remain largely absent since the dredging.

We dove with a couple new OW students on Sunday along with ABQDiver. You missed out on Kevin's awesome Brats there Pipefish! :D Unlike Tom and I who made a quick stop at Wallmat to pick up our Brat's and Dogs, Kevin showed up with the real deal, and man they were good!

Thanks Tom and Kevin for Dives, and good times.

A good time was had by all! :D

We did a lovely night dive late Friday night (did not splash until around 10:00pm). Vis was good, but there sure were a lot of particles in the water column.

Tom tried out his drysuit for the first time, and dove dry for the first time. He had no issues other than the fact that we discovered at the end of the weekend that his Drysuit inflater was a little loose. He had a bit of moisture leaking in the Saturday, and I think we solved that.

The Hole was not crowded, and vis was excellent for most of the dives.

Perch was a surprisingly warm 61F. Vis there was also quite good, but had been kicked up a bit by an Advanced class that was in the water when we arrived. Saw striped Bass, smallmouth bass, perch, and Bluegill. Max depth was 49' which is deeper than I thought the lake was. Perch has interesting topography, and this time we hit the plane, then the car, and then did one and a half loops around the bottom perimeter.

I dove doubles for the first time on Sunday. My buoyancy was a little off, but overall it was not a lot different than diving singles except I had more gas! Ohh, they are a bit heavier on the surface as well!

The the Hole, one Piranhas is stall out and about along with the usual suspects including the Huge Carp, and Goldfish. The other Piranhas must have died in the dredging as I've not seen two since that time, and they were always together. I saw a few Crawdads on the night dive, but they remain largely absent since the dredging.

We dove with a couple new OW students on Sunday along with ABQDiver. You missed out on Kevin's awesome Brats there Pipefish! :D Unlike Tom and I who made a quick stop at Wallmat to pick up our Brat's and Dogs, Kevin showed up with the real deal, and man they were good!

Thanks Tom and Kevin for Dives, and good times.
Amazing thing about being hungry!!

Good write up Ron. Life is good when you're diving! :D

Good times, the underwater topography of the Hole sure looks different at night. Great to finally dive with ABQdiver (Kevin) It was nice of him to invite his OW grads along for some fun dives. Those striped smallmouth bass were actually Largemouth Bass Ron. Now I know why the Tech divers keep there fins up, It's the floaty feet on them thar Drysuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom