Let's see what the FTC has to say about vertical price restraints in the biz.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...it's been six months. What DID the FTC have to say about vertical price restraints in the scuba industry?

Or was the response buried somewhere in the middle of this 6 page thread.

It went something like this:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for contacting the Federal Trade Commission. As we speak, your letter is being recycled into baby diapers. Moreover, your suggestions were added to our "crank list". The "crank list", as you may be aware, is comprised of people who believe in flat Earth theories, the fall of Atlantis, a second gunman on the grassy knoll and, in your case, vast global conspiracies.

Thank you for making our otherwise boring day a little more pleasant. Please do not hesitate to write again if the people in the nice white suits ever loosen your straightjacket or allow you to hold pointy objects, such as a pen or pencil.

Best Personal Regards,

Much as I would like to buy gear from smaller manufacturers like Halcyon at more reasonable prices, I'd rather they received some price protection.

However when a "big guy" like Johnson acquires a "big guy" like Scubapro, I don't see the need for proce protection... especially when the quality of the product seems to decline (IMHO).

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom