Lets try to stay focused people...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538:
You mean a ladle? And on those cold days...Chili is an excellent source of heat

Is eating chili and putting on a dry suit, a good idea?

Question:
What are the facilities like at the quarry. Bathrooms? Showers? Fill Station? Bakery? Obstetrics Ward?

In other words, If I just show up with a tent and no reservation (are they needed?) will it be okay? Oh and how much $$?

Thanks

Tom

www.divegilboa.com

should have most of your answers there.

There are hot showers and toilets in the bath house, but the bath house is usually a small walk from the dock that most of this group is going to set-up at.

He will fill almost anything EANx related with proper documentation...and he has air too.

As for Chili and a drysuit....well, that's your own decision, just remember that when you un-zip you might knock out a few by-standers

Fishy8411:
Is eating chili and putting on a dry suit, a good idea?

Question:
What are the facilities like at the quarry. Bathrooms? Showers? Fill Station? Bakery? Obstetrics Ward?

In other words, If I just show up with a tent and no reservation (are they needed?) will it be okay? Oh and how much $$?

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

We're going to be set up a ways from the office. When you come into the quarry you'll check in there, show them your C card and sign off on several pages of documentation. They have a small store with tee shirts and things, in the summer, they run a grill around lunchtime and have burgers to sell. There are flush toilets, and hot showers there near the office. We'll be set up near the 'back' of the campground, across from the second stairway. Watch for the sign that says "Welcome Wrecking Crew" and you will have found us. No bakery, no OB-GYN, but a fill station at the office. You can buy a 'fill token' when you check in and pay your entry and to camp. No need to worry about a reservation unless you want to stay in one of the cabins. Just come on down and get set up after you pay your entry. We will be arriving around noon time on Friday and will be there until sometime on Sunday. I'll have my small 5th wheel, and Ted is bringing his 'larger' 5th wheel too.

Hope to see you there.

Tiny Bubbles:
Is there firewood at the campground? Do we need to bring wood?

I don't have a dive buddy, either.

Probably a good idea to bring some wood along, as I figure we'll have a fire going most of the time.

You have a buddy now, as one of us will be HAPPY to dive with you. My regular buddy Dave has 1000's of dives, Brian is a Dive Con and still training, me, I'm a slouch with 46 dives last year so we all qualify as 'dive buddies'....

Hope to see you there!

I am new to this board. I live in central illinois. Can I get the 411 for this dive. Thanks

Big-t-2538:
You mean a ladle? And on those cold days...Chili is an excellent source of heat

I meant a ladle, but I couldn't think of the word. I hate those "tip of the tongue" things. :)

VFib2: Most of the details are spread out in other threads on this forum. But the skinny is that we are meeting at Gilboa Quarry on April 16-April 18. Anybody that just wants to stop in for however long they can make it is welcome there as well. It is an attempt to but a face to some of the screen names that we see on the board all of the time. Dive buddies should be all over the place and Air/Nitrox fills are easily obtainable.

Hi all,

Hubby and I are planning on being there, but I don't know how long. Maybe just for the day on Saturday, but it will depend on childcare.

I can't speak for hubby, but I have NO intentions of getting wet. I am a WWW with capital 'W's 10 stories high. So, I will be on land and can do my best to keep the fires, coffee.. .whatever up and ready for you wet (or dry) crazies.

Also... I love to cook (especially over the fire, my husband GAINS weight when we camp). and would be really happy to help out in any way. We also have a nice portable grill we use camping, along with lots of other stuff... so let us know.

By the way... IF we decide to stay and are there in the a.m., I promise to make FRESH donuts. :) So, it will help if I have an idea of how many people we might be talking about.

Feel free to PM and let me know what or how I can be of help!! Looking forward to meeting you all!

(PS... starting my AOW class tonight. Very excited!!!)

"By the way... IF we decide to stay and are there in the a.m., I promise to make FRESH donuts. :) So, it will help if I have an idea of how many people we might be talking about."

If it helps your planning, I think you should plan fresh donuts for 100! :) :) I can eat a dozen all by myself given the opportunity!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom