Liability protection for instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK ! i am finding truly justified with the formed safety customs to be followed to avoid any sort of future accidents ... there may be differences upon the rules regarding the incidents if any such occurrence happens in anytime.

bless you!

this is a prime example of a very bad google translate

I would hope that any one in a defendant position would be incorporated, and careful enough to maintain strict personal business separation between their corporations and non corporate assets. Or are you talking about nearly every independent instructor in the United States?

I would assume that in the case of an accident both the dive shop and the dive instructor would be named in a lawsuit. I am not a lawyer but my understanding is that part of the discovery process is to discover who has the assets. The parties with the most assets (deep pockets) are the most at-risk.

I am wondering if the liability issue is why some shops (for example, Austin's in Miami) do not offer instruction but refer you to an independent instructor.

Back
Top Bottom