Lifeguard suggestion for entry points

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airric75

Registered
Reaction score
I am just wondering if lifeguards at your local public beach dive destination regulated where you should enter?
Here is sunny San Diego we have a great place to shore dive known as La Jolla Shores. There is a really nice canyon just offshore with lots of distinct spots to dive spread over a fairly wide area. Lately, the lifeguards have started insisting that divers enter south of tower 31, as opposed to where ever we darn well please on the nice wide beach.
I am just curious if this happens were some of the other shore divers do their thing?
Eric
ps Yeah, we are waiting for an official response from the wonderful lifeguards here. :D

A local state park advised us to enter at a far end of the beach and promptly exit the swimming area. They did not want kids drawn to an attractive nuisance.

Pete

Yeah, that's understandable... we wouldn't want the kids to see anything that might interest them.

Yeah, those darn nuisances, kids...
Well here they are telling us they don't want us to get knocked over by a wave and land on some poor tourist. Darn, they must have seen me aiming for those Kansas familys, just trying to give them something to start the conversation about the first time they saw the ocean..."...and then this big black fin just flys outta the wave and smacks Susan right in the face, you should see the bruises she got, gosh wilber, those Californians really are krazy!"
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom