Votes: 4 10.8%
  • sometimes

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • when I know I will be using it

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasonic

Contributor
Reaction score
When I go diving I always carry a lift bag and jon line. I was wondering how many of you carry a lift bag on every dive.

BTW-mine works as a lift bag, surface marker, Deco bag......and yes sometimes a Barf Bag when applicable.

-SS

when someone's "integrated weight pouch" will decide to dis-integrate from the BC, or a diver will drop a weightbelt getting into the boat, or someone will find something to be brought up.

A lift bag/SMB and a reel/spool can come in quite handy in a large number of circumstances. I always dive with them.

Doc Intrepid once bubbled...
diver will drop a weightbelt getting into the boat

My B/C works kinda like a lift bag...heh

I found a HEAVY weightbelt a few weeks ago, and was able to use the excess lifting capacity of my BC to get neutral with the extra weight....My arms were tired at the shore from having carried it, but I was neutral the entire time I was swimming to shore....

(Yes, I'm aware that I should probably have a smaller wing on my transpac...)

I never carry a lift bag in caves.
Rick

You throw up in a guys nice new boat a couple of times and it follows you everywhere!

BTW Scubasonic, I just ordered the OMS 5'2" 50lb lift smb and a Dive Rite reel.:wink:

I almost always carry a liftbag, usually two, when diving in open water.

iscuba once bubbled...
You throw up in a guys nice new boat a couple of times and it follows you everywhere!

BTW Scubasonic, I just ordered the OMS 5'2" 50lb lift smb and a Dive Rite reel.:wink:

Iscuba,

A wise choice on the OMS Bag, and you notice I never mention any names:eek:ut:

-SS

I always have a lift bag. I leave it attached to my anchor line along with a goody bag and dive sausage about 15 feet up from the anchor. I use it to send up my small anchor and anything I may find on a dive worth keeping. It lets me stay hands free when surfacing from a kayak dive.:shades:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom