Lifting doubles into truck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to me the simple answer would be a flat platform about 10 inches high that you would back the truck up to

Go to the gym, and work on strengthening your back/arms/legs etc. Have someone help you for the time being (I assume you're diving with a buddy?), but you really do need to get in the position of being able to lift them by yourself!

I'm a big (but not strong) guy with tiny doubles (72s) and I use the backplate to move them around. My girlfriend just curls them though.

Whenever possible I keep the backplate attached and walk around them on/off the boat that way. Then I sit on my tailgate and lay them back in the bed of my truck. However I am 6' 1" so you may not be able to reach the bottom of your tanks onto your truck. Otherwise I bend my knees while straitening my back when I pick them up.

Whenever possible I keep the backplate attached and walk around them on/off the boat that way. Then I sit on my tailgate and lay them back in the bed of my truck. However I am 6' 1" so you may not be able to reach the bottom of your tanks onto your truck.

I'm 5'6",... I can do it if I reeeeeally tippy- toe!:D:rofl3:

Reactions: Jax
Go to the gym, and work on strengthening your back/arms/legs etc. Have someone help you for the time being (I assume you're diving with a buddy?), but you really do need to get in the position of being able to lift them by yourself!

I do usually dive w/ a buddy, but not from my home town. We usually meet up at the dive site about an hour away from both of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom