Light Canon

So, what do you think?

• Bad luck Fairbanksdiver!

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • You're a moron!

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Those Light Canon bulbs are too fragile...

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • The Manatee kinda looks like a guest on the Ricky Lake Show.

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandon

Shop Independent Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
You're all going to laugh at me, and I deserve it!

So, I buy a light cannon from the LDS 3 weeks before my AOW course starts, thinking, hey, we're doing more night diving, this would be cool to have. The Light Cannon is DOA from the LDS (gonna try to use as many acronyms as possible). So, I take it back the same day, and they said they'd send it in and get it fixed.

Three weeks later, I go to pick up gear for the AOW class, and ask if my Light Canon was back yet. "Nope, So-and-So wanted to check it out first". So I talk to So-and-So, who mentions that Energizer batteries might not work, and we need to try Duracell, which we do, with no luck. He says that he'll send it in and get it fixed.

Three months later I see a friend who works at the LDS, who informs me that it's still kicking around the shop, and hasn't been sent in yet. She promises to take care of it.

Two weeks later I get the Light Canon. I light it up, and amaze myself and friends with it's uber levels of brightness.

Today, I'm working on a paper for one of my classes, the light canon is sitting in front of my printer. It runs out of paper, I shove more in, and it gobbles it up, jamming the printer, and making godawful noises. In the process of clearing the jam, I knock the light canon off my desk and onto the floor...

Bulb is now in many pieces.

Growl.

This paper just cost me $65 bucks.

-Brandon.

Have you heard the saying................
..........Life is a sh#t sandwich, every day you take another bite!

:D
Caymaniac

Truely a bummer!!
Use it as a learning experience, if you can.
Never, never leave a shop without checking out what you just bought to make sure it works! If you return something the day you bought it because it was defective upon purchase, get your money back!! That's BS about them returning it and you waiting for a replacement, in some states it might even be illegal. If they sold it defective, they should accept it back ,no questions. If it went in the water and flooded, then you might be waiting for a replacement. Regarding the last part of your story, with the printer... that's a drag; some pieces of equipment are just cursed, for some reason. If anything else bad happens to your light, I would sell it before it hurts you! It's an omen!! :wink:

Would it be impolite to ask..."have you seen the light yet??""

couldnt resist....im goint to go and punish myself now and make myselft watch a rerun of oprah....

I've bought a replacement bulb for my light and on the way to the dive I dropped the light and smashed the bulb to oblivion. On the up side- that very same dive I found a nifty Coleman camp light after exiting the water.

LOL... too much BrianB...

BrianB once bubbled...
I've bought a replacement bulb for my light and on the way to the dive I dropped the light and smashed the bulb to oblivion. On the up side- that very same dive I found a nifty Coleman camp light after exiting the water.
... so that's why you haven't done a night dive with me in months...Next time we do an OOA drill you may not get your pretty new 30 cf pony bottle back....

Back
Top Bottom