Light Canon

So, what do you think?

• Bad luck Fairbanksdiver!

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • You're a moron!

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Those Light Canon bulbs are too fragile...

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • The Manatee kinda looks like a guest on the Ricky Lake Show.

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are lucky, was unpacking my dive back after visit to The Maldives, had carefully wrapped it in hood, to protect it, and pulled hood out of dive back forgetting, THUD!! lamp gone......\They cost about $130 in UK :-(

RichLockyer:
One thing I discovered about the LC, and UK in general, is to avoid Energizer cells. They have some kind of plastic coating the causes problems with the UK battery holder design.
The really strange thing is that I've sanded the cells, loaded the light, and had it work on the boat, only to have it fail soon after.

Attempted restarts reveal the "ignition noise" (buzz) from the ballast, but no light.

After buying a new lamp and the same thing happening, I went to Duracels... both lamps work fine.

Saw the same thing happen first hand. The batteries were a off brand though. Ended up being the negative end of the battery wasn't making contact all the time. Cut the plastic label from around the negative end and it works fine.

I guess that is what we get when the manufacturer doesn't use a spring as the contact point.

People, you may not have noticed, but this poll is almost 3 years old.

Just thought I'd bring that to your attention. :wink:

Pax,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom