Like a kid with candy, internet prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leisurepro sells on ebay under a different name. I bought a pair of booties for $9.95 on ebay and I was surprised to see they shipped from Leisurepro who had them listed for $29.95.

TheRedHead:
Leisurepro sells on ebay under a different name. I bought a pair of booties for $9.95 on ebay and I was surprised to see they shipped from Leisurepro who had them listed for $29.95.

Be careful. LP often has a starting bit that is their catelog price with a BIN that is a bit higher. But, somehow, I expect that kind of thing from LP:shakehead

mike_s:
Thanks Chris.

I was just curious because the scuba industry (manufacturers and dealers) operate in such "unique ways".

It's actually pretty widespread, discontinued items do not have to adhere to MAP pricing. Divers can rave about the equipment they buy at a great price, great deal, whatever, but a lot of times they are buying a discontinued item and I think sometimes they don't know that upfront. I buy items like wetsuits, gloves, hoods, boots, bags, etc. when they hit the dicontinued pricing lists but I rarely buy the regs, bcd's, computers. I did recently purchase some discontinued regs for resale but I told the customer they were buying a discontinued item. I show them a package for the $600 pricetag but then I show them the current items and the deals they can get and it makes it very easy to put them in new, current gear. There is a reason items get discontinued.
I remember purchasing a new printer at Sam's Club a few years ago and when I needed a new cartridge for it I had to order it online, because it was discontinued. that just made me mad. I wish I had known upfront it was discontinued. Maybe I should have known that Sam's Club did that, but i didn't. I was an ill informed consumer. Like one of my friends says, they do their jobs everyday, why am i expected to know everything about their job and their business when i only purchase something from them once in a while? :shakehead

TheRedHead:

Same with me last year I bought a Atmos 2 for a ridiculously low price on eBay, low and behold came in a LP box:lol:

LP does business on eBay as scuba-equipments

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom