Likelihood of getting oxygen toxicity at 1.4 PPO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But I remember the course telling us that 1.6 PPO was the max depth where you're VERY likely to suffer from oxygen toxicity.

Sounds more like a gross exaggeration just to scare people into keeping 1.4.

What i remember from padi nitrox...... dont go past the 1.4 mod. 1.6 is there for contingency but you will DIE. lol
What i remember from tdi nitrox..... a more in depth explanation that goes well beyond simply describing mods. there was more infomation about the cns clock and the actual time effects.
Padi didnt really cover the time aspect. just stated dont exceed the mod.... or you will convulse and DIE.

i see no problem planning a dive to 30 meters on 32%, and a MOD on 32m, PPO2 1.4. But it is then important to keep control on my depth so I don't go down to deep.
Toally agree. My standard gas is EAN32 (-ish), but when my club planned an outing where one of the dives were a wall dive without a hard bottom at rec depths and some current, I made sure to bring a tank of good, old EAN21. If should end up in a downcurrent, I could at least be fairly certain that I wouldn't tox.

What i remember from padi nitrox...... dont go past the 1.4 mod. 1.6 is there for contingency but you will DIE.
Huh. They never covered the last part there in my PADI nitrox class. Maybe I should ask for a refund?

Ocean Reef Gdivers

So how does that work for OOG?

It appears that you have to remove the whole mask to take gas from a donor and carry an additional normal mask?

So how does that work for OOG?

It appears that you have to remove the whole mask to take gas from a donor and carry an additional normal mask?

if you don't have some sort of offboard plug in, that's how they all work.... You deal with it, but most people I know have a way to plug in something else, similar to a BOV on a CCR.

if you don't have some sort of offboard plug in, that's how they all work.... You deal with it, but most people I know have a way to plug in something else, similar to a BOV on a CCR.
With the exception of the KM48 mask which doesn’t require removal to share gas from anyone. I know you know, was just putting this here for future lurkers.

With the exception of the KM48 mask which doesn’t require removal to share gas from anyone. I know you know, was just putting this here for future lurkers.

Not lurking really but here is the KM48

full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom