Lime Cube (ultra compact video light)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under the faqs section on their site it states 20 minutes at full power. Non replacable battery. I like the look, but I'll pass.

TECHNICAL SPECS:
  • 1.5″ cubed. Fits in the palm of your hand
  • 6000K light temperature
  • 1500 Lumen LED
  • 150 Lux @ 9 feet (3M)
  • Constant video light (20+ minutes on full power)
  • 45+ minutes on 90 percent brightness, 120+ minutes on 50 percent brightness
  • Fully waterproof down to 100′
  • Optical sensor built-in to operate as a slave to other flashes/light sources
  • Bluetooth-controlled via Lume Cube smartphone App (iOS, Android)
  • Adjustable flash duration
  • 1/4 20 mount on the bottom with multiple mounting options
  • Connect up to 5 Lume Cubes and control each individually with the “Lume Cube Pro” App
  • Red Eye reduction control
  • Lume Cube and Lume Cube Pro Applications available in the Apple App Store and Google Play
  • Custom lens produces a 60º beam.

Last edited:
Under the faqs section on their site it states 20 minutes at full power. Non replacable battery. I like the look, but I'll pass.

TECHNICAL SPECS:
  • 1.5″ cubed. Fits in the palm of your hand
  • 6000K light temperature
  • 1500 Lumen LED
  • 150 Lux @ 9 feet (3M)
  • Constant video light (20+ minutes on full power)
  • 45+ minutes on 90 percent brightness, 120+ minutes on 50 percent brightness
  • Fully waterproof down to 100′
  • Optical sensor built-in to operate as a slave to other flashes/light sources
  • Bluetooth-controlled via Lume Cube smartphone App (iOS, Android)
  • Adjustable flash duration
  • 1/4 20 mount on the bottom with multiple mounting options
  • Connect up to 5 Lume Cubes and control each individually with the “Lume Cube Pro” App
  • Red Eye reduction control
  • Lume Cube and Lume Cube Pro Applications available in the Apple App Store and Google Play
  • Custom lens produces a 60º beam.

You need to meet my wife. She's very effective in finding stuff I misplaced just seconds before in places I thought I already searched. Some days I don't even try looking just to see how quickly she finds my wallet or car keys, lol.

I love the size. Don't care for the screw mount and the quoted run times are too short for my dives.

Where are the specs? I can't find it in the link provided in the original post, and didn't see it in a quick look around their site.

Nevermind, it's in their FAQ, not on the product page (which seems weird to me). And the individual product pages (after you go to shop and click on one of the light-only products) only say 2+ hours at 50%.

Last edited:
We looked at these and pretty much came to the same conclusion you folks have.

Only a 60 deg beam angle, so you'd have to have 2, then you are into more than what a decent small 1000 lumen light costs that runs for 70 mins and that you can swap batteries into (iTorch v10).

No red filter as a focus light.

Most of the controls are via bluetooth/iphone; kinda hard to work that underwater.

Short battery life and a 20min run time on high. And I don't really believe 1500 lumens, but maybe I'm wrong.

And you'll get massive backscatter if you don't mount them away from the lens of the camera. There's a good reason that lighting systems are larger that way.

We looked at these and pretty much came to the same conclusion you folks have.

Only a 60 deg beam angle, so you'd have to have 2, then you are into more than what a decent small 1000 lumen light costs that runs for 70 mins and that you can swap batteries into (iTorch v10).

No red filter as a focus light.

Most of the controls are via bluetooth/iphone; kinda hard to work that underwater.

Short battery life and a 20min run time on high. And I don't really believe 1500 lumens, but maybe I'm wrong.

And you'll get massive backscatter if you don't mount them away from the lens of the camera. There's a good reason that lighting systems are larger that way.

I'm not buying the 1500 lumens either. I believe there are 3 LEDs used on these lights (Original Kickstarter design).

I believe (could be wrong) it has been tested and confirmed that even with the best batch of LEDs, you are highly unlikely to achieve 1500 lumens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom