link test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Amazon.com: Belize (Insight Guides) (9789812589958): Insight Guides: Books

I know I'm missing something, but I can no longer post a link without well, just posting the link. I used to be able to post the link and be able to type in the name of the link but now the link itself shows up.

Aargh!

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Searched the FAQs already.

Sheesh. I feel stoopid.

It looks as though the link is somehow turning itself into the title after I post it.

Very strange. But I guess it works after all.

What if I wanted to call the link something else? For instance, instead of "Amazon.com ..." above, what if I wanted to call it "Belize Insight Guide." Is there a way to do that?

Try this: Open your reply #2 and click the box I've highlighted below - it will change your edit window to source mode:
Capture.JPG

So you'll then see this:
[noparse]
test test test NFL.com news: With Martz out, Bears promote Tice to offensive coordinator test test test[/noparse]

Anything between the ] bracket to the [/URL] is what the system will show as a link. In this case I changed NFL.com news... to Renamed Link. Save it and your link will be renamed.

Example:

test test test Renamed Link

If you want to always start in this mode, select Standard Editor in the first section under Miscellaneous Options here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

LMK if this worked for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom