Links to local law's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rottielover

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone know a good website on how to find out what the local law's are about picking stuff up off the bottom?

For example: I always thought around here (Missouri) that if it were lost in water, anyone that picks it up now owns it, but I have no "offical" word on that. I've been reading the Missouri Revised Statutes until my eye's feel like they are bleeding and haven't come up with anything.

I would also like to find out about laws in the "popular" diving locations, like Coz. Fl. Ca. etc.etc.

Thanks for any help with this!

Depends what you find. Lets say you find a old watch in an old pond or at a recreational lake...thats no big deal. But if you were to find it near a historical battle site, then it must be surrendered to the state. A good resource is your local historical society. Over here in the Great lakes region anything found near a wreck site that is not obviously part of that wreck (like a quartz watch on a ship that went down in 1905) is fair game. Hope this helped...

Back
Top Bottom