Linux Deco Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seanrollins

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Greetings all,

Are there any linux users out there who could recommend a good Deco Software package to me? I love vplanner, but unfortunately a port hasn't been made to linux yet :(

seanrollins once bubbled...
I'm sure WINE (Windows Emulator) would probably run it as well, but I was hoping to get away from an emulator. Thanks for the input though!

WINE isn't an emulator. WINE Stands for

WINE
Is
Not an
Emulator

It is a port of the Win32 API to Linux and allows Windows programs to run "natively" on linux.

But....I understand what you mean...it's still a kludge.

My geekitude quotient just raised substantially didn't it? :)

I was trying to keep the conversation to terms that people understand :wink: Most people have no clue what an API is. Me, I'm a software engineering student (third year), so I'm quite aware :>

Since you're familiar with linux, and are obviously a diver, do you know of good deco software package?

Soggy once bubbled...

WINE isn't an emulator. WINE Stands for

WINE
Is
Not an
Emulator

I was actually contemplating whether I should point this out when I saw your post :) I actually did some coding for WINE back in the day. Looks to me like we have enough programmers here to make our own software.

~Jess

JesseH,

I like that idea. What we need is a math major who can code the algorithms for us. I'm alright with math, but I don't know if I could implement the decompression algorithms. I'd certainly be willing to contribute to writing some code though :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom