Liquid Image Video Scuba Mask HD321

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the question - it seems like a great idea, wondered if anyone had any experience w/it?

I also would like to know the quality. Anyone have one?

I have one and used it the other day at Dutch Springs for their annual New Years Eve Day dive. It was pretty good, but there were some negatives. First, the bubble noise drove me crazy. Also, when I exhaled, the bubbles shook the mask, which you can see on the video. Also, the camera is jerky. Not because its poor quality...actually its very high quality. Its because its on my face, so where ever I look the camera looks, and I was looking around alot.

On the up side, the video quality is great. I just wish I waited a little longer before buying it, since they just announced the HD322 that goes to 130' and has a wide angle lens.

If you want to watch the video's I took, here they are. I had to edit the 49 minute video down to under 20 minutes, and then I split them up into two since youtube has a 10 minute max. per video.

Enjoy...

Part 1: YouTube - Part 1 of 2: Dutch Springs New Years Eve / Liquid Image HD321 Camera Mask

Part 2: YouTube - Part 2 of 2: Dutch Springs New Years Eve Dive / Liquid Image HD321 Camera Mask

Regards.

I am also looking at one of these masks and would appreciate any additional information anyone has.

Best place to buy Liquid Image Camera Masks: DivemasterSupply.com-Cameras
Great for underwater video and pics. Not a pro unit, but it also costs much, much less. It's actually a very economical choice for a SCUBA diving camera, and it is much easier to bring with you on your dives.

I got my from Leisure Pro and while it is list there for the same price, I called them and got a better deal. I also bought the set of lights to go with it. I just returned from my first dive trip with it and will write a complete review soon, but one thing I want to say is if you buy the mountable lights, before using them take the set apart (remove the lights from the mounting bracket) and tighten the screws. On my first dive one of the lights came loose and if it was not for the Cuban dive master with us I would have lost it. He even managed to save the small plastic bushing. After the dive I checked the second light and the screw on it was very loose as well. I also found an offset screwdriver to be very useful for the mountimg.

I got my from Leisure Pro and while it is list there for the same price, I called them and got a better deal. I also bought the set of lights to go with it. I just returned from my first dive trip with it and will write a complete review soon, but one thing I want to say is if you buy the mountable lights, before using them take the set apart (remove the lights from the mounting bracket) and tighten the screws. On my first dive one of the lights came loose and if it was not for the Cuban dive master with us I would have lost it. He even managed to save the small plastic bushing. After the dive I checked the second light and the screw on it was very loose as well. I also found an offset screwdriver to be very useful for the mountimg.

Post up the pics and / or videos to check out. I would like to see how the lights helped out the pictures. Thank god for dive masters!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom