Liquidvision Lynx Location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amanphoto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking around for a dive computer. I like the Liquid Vision Lynx because it has a way of tracking 9 different air sources. The site says it also can track the location of these sources as well. I have not seen any more information on this. Has any one used it for tacking? How does it work?

I'm looking around for a dive computer. I like the Liquid Vision Lynx because it has a way of tracking 9 different air sources. The site says it also can track the location of these sources as well. I have not seen any more information on this. Has any one used it for tacking? How does it work?

Not used it but it uses high-frequency audio (not sure if it's technically ultrasound, some people do hear it) to the range of a few dozen metres. In clear open water: lots of silt, lots of echoes (cave) will most likely mess it up some. If you can live with constant chirping, buddy locator/air should be a very convenient feature.

I dive with A LOT of silt. Fresh water. Lake Ontario

I thought that the Liquid Vision didn't have any sound.

Lower frequencies tend to travel further (at least the RF kind, I think it should be true of audio as well). Lower frequencies also get you closet to, and all the way into, the human hearing range.

If you can hear the noise of the transmitter, does it attract animals? I was talking to a commercial diver and he was telling me how the underwater hammer drill attracts sharks. They like the noise.

I have not noticed that it does attract any marine life, after diving with it for a season and 1/2. Dives with it range from 15ft to 100ft; inshore, nearshore, and offshore. On several of the offshore dives; I've seen 5 to 7 ft bull sharks (size estimated)that were not attracted to the noise, in fact they acted pretty indifferent and were just cruising around, on the bottom (in the distance). I have had spade fish and trigger fish "swarm" me and another diver with a Cressi watch; however, they tend to do that to divers with or with out Lynx computers. They are looking for free meals and tend to swarm divers in any circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom