Little Angel Cenote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angelita is one of those dives you'll want to do once, but probably not repeatedly. We did it a couple years ago with Alvaro from Always Diving.
After you gear up, you'll hike about 1/4 mile or so back to the cenote. Entry is an 8-10 jump. Do the dive as others have described. Getting out is passing gear up and climbing, using a rope.
It's a pit, as others have said. Because of the way the land and jungle surrounds the water, you'll want to do the dive around mid-day for best visibility above the cloud.

It looks like it might be worth all the trouble.

Cenote Angelita on Vimeo

Angelita isn't the most decorated or even a real system but I never get tired of diving it.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm actually interested in diving Angelita. Some of the videos have me worried, as it "appears" that we'll be spending considerable time at around 100 feet. These days, if I approach that depth, I have twin cylinders and 32%.

Can anyone give me an idea of the dive profile for Angelita. How much time did you speed at each level and how close did you get to deco? I will have a few days of diving into me by that time with about 3-4 dives per day.

O.

Angelita ranks among the best dives that I have ever done, certainly the best off-beat dive. Any of the certified Cenote guides will take you there. It is a bit out of the way from the others but that should be no problem.

It is not a true cenote but more of a sinkhole. There is a small channel through which the guide usually takes you on the way up but otherwise it is all non-overhead. The experience is very surreal after you descend through the Sulphur Dioxide layer but the real fun is when you gently rise back up. Then you cannot see the water and it feels like you and your buddy are floating in some sort of mist.

Try to get a video clip with a good light. My wife and I found the experience memorable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom