Little Cayman Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going down for a week tomarrow. I have seen some posts on travelocity about the staff being reall,really bad. On the boats they barked orders and the service around the resort was really bad. Some say they will not go back.
Anyone have thoughts on this problem??

Well, the dive op is a bit too, shall we say, "organized" for my taste. However, I certainly wouldn't call them "really bad" and no one "barked orders" at me. I think they are geared towards relatively inexperienced divers.

We have never had that experience, although we usually have enough divers that we have a boat to ourselves. Everyone with us is usually a well seasoned diver and they know us from being there so frequently. Just go and enjoy! Then post a trip report!

We are now at 12 divers and are leaving on the 14th of June.

laserdoc, husband and i and two other couples are going there in july. i read that same stuff you did, but am not really worried. i have also read plenty of other people's comments about having a great time. i will be very interested in your trip report!! and let me know if you get on bikes or scooters and go to Point of Sand beach. would like to know how the beach is and the snorkeling there is supposed to be good too. and.......there's a little out island you can take a kayak to, or swim, or they'll take you in a boat and drop you off for like $5, called Owen Island.......little uninhabited pretty island. and let us know how that dive op treated you. how many are in your group and how much experience. i know we will have at least a couple of newbies in our group. thanks,donna

I haven't read the travelocity posts, but every one of the DMs at LCBR were great when we dove with them last year. They gave thorough briefings of each dive site and were professional as well as courteous and friendly. I would not have any hesitations about diving with them again:

125108787_WsQri-M.jpg

125125424_Cqf6N-M.jpg

By the way, Point of Sand is a very nice beach:

125133362_Mhg67-M.jpg

We rode bikes every day, but it would be a fairly long round trip by bike, if I recall, especially since you would want to take beach items and drinks with you. We rented a car for the day and visited it, and explored the rest of the island as well.

My children enjoyed spending time on Owen Is on a day that they did not dive.

Bloody Bay Wall is one of the best dive sites in the Caribbean, IMHO. Here are some divers "going over the wall:"

126235568_noYHe-M.jpg

safe diving, alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

Laserdoc:

I would not pay one bit of attention to those reports.

Our experiences (multiple) have been nothing but great.

The only complaints I have ever heard relate to divers not being able to stay down longer than their allowed profiles of 50 or 60 minutes.

You will have a great time.

The staff there is wonderful!!

Tell them all we said hello and see you in 33 days!!

alashas, thanks!!! thanks for the pics!! and the recommendation to rent a car. i think we'll do that on our last day when we can't dive. anymore pics you care to post?? can't wait til july:)

Just adding my two cents. I was there last year, and it was the best Caribbean diving that I have done. The resort and the divemasters were all excellent as well. In fact, my wife and I liked it so much that we are making it the destination for our anniversary trip this year. We will be there from May 29-June 5. I do not know what complaints others have had, but we had none at all. We loved it.

A few views of LC:
File0115.jpg

File0111.jpg
File0102.jpg

File0091.jpg
File0051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom