Little Cayman Dec 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jandee

Contributor
Reaction score
Waterford,Wi, about 25 miles from the Milwaukee Ha
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This will be my first dtrip to the Caymans. I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay. I prefer a dive resort similar to Anthony's Key in Roatan. Luxury accomadations or gourmet food are not necessay. Needs to be comfortable and clean, maybe all inclusive, have their own dive shop and boats, and shore diving. A T-shirt and shorts kind of a place.
My other question. Do any flights from the US fly direct to Little Cayman?

I believe there are only four or five places to stay on Little Cayman. There truly is NOTHING else to do there but dive. Also, I think they are all all-inclusive. I stayed at Little Cayman Beach Resort and LOVED it. Not fancy, good food, great dive operation, no, GREAT diving operation. It sounds like exactly what you want.

I don't think there are any direct flights from the US to Little Cayman. It's a small island, very small.

Cayman Air flies direct to Cayman Brac from Florida, but to get to LC, you have to go to Grand Cayman or the Brac first.

I believe there are some condos on LC, but otherwise there are just a few resorts and all of them are all-inclusive or offer the option. There is really only one bar/restaurant on the island that is not part of a resort, the Hungry Iguana. The resorts are Little Cayman Beach Resort, Southern Cross Club, and Pirate's Point. All receive good reviews. The food at Pirate's Point is reputed to be the best, but you don't hear many complaints about any of them. We have stayed at LCBR and enjoyed it a lot. Rates at LCBR and Pirate's Point seem to be very similar. Southern Cross seems to be a little more expensive.

Everything there is very laid-back and casual. You will never need anything more than shorts and a T-shirt. The diving is spectacular and there is little else to do. As far as I'm concerned, that makes for a perfect vacation.

Actually you can also stay at Paradise Villas, which is currently the only non all inclusive resort there. They are affiliated with the Conch Club Divers.

You can also stay at the Conch Club or The Club condos neither of which are all inclusive, although you can get a meal plan from LCBR.

The Blue Lagoon restaurant opened around Thanksgiving last year, so there is another place to eat.

Maybe we will see you there. Our December trip is scheuled for Christmas Day though after New Years.

Please remember that December is a busy time, so plan ahead. Flights are hard to get if you get close to the time you plan to travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom