Little Cayman in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To go shore diving in Jackson Bay, you're really going to need a car. (I tried riding a bicycle over there once with a tank and I'll never try it again.) The only place on the island where you can rent a car is at the Iguana Crossing. While Perry had a couple of very nice Honduran girls working for him, I doubt they're going to be able to keep the business alive without him. In other words, I seriously doubt there is going to be a way to rent a car on Little Cayman until the future of Perry's business gets sorted out. His passing leaves a giant hole on Little Cayman. Frankly, I'm still in shock over the news. I'm going to miss him.

I'll jump on the LCBR bandwagon! My wife and I did a trip there about a year ago and have been trying to find a way back ever since! We
enjoyed everything they had to offer and the diving was top shelf! We did get a bit chastised by a DM on one dive however: We were watching
our gauges and were in the middle of our SS (with a good 1000# still on tap) when we found ourselves in the middle of a dozen reef squid who
seemed very curious. Naturally we hung out until they left. We got a little tongue lashing for not coming up at 60 minutes. It wasn't a big deal
but some with thinner skin might have taken offense.

We've heard great things about PP but have no personal experience...

That said, we're headed back in August of 2014, can't wait!

I have been going to LCBR since 1996 and still can't get enough of it. I have looked at PP and while it seems to be a great operation, I like the 3 dives a day offer from LCBR. Our group hasn't had issues with bottom times at LCBR, but then again most of us have been there enough times to know what to expect. Going again in August 2014!

My wife and I may see you in February in Little Cayman.

My wife and I may see you in February in Little Cayman.
I'll be there Jan 5 - Mar 27. If you have time and want to go out shore diving, come look me up. I'm the last house before the lighthouse as you head west on the south shore.

Bruce

Bruce, my wife and I are considering a week at LCBR the last week of April. We will be travelling from Sacramento, and it looks like we will fly from Sac to Houston to Grand Cayman and then the local airline to Little Cayman. Any suggetions for travel from Nor Cal to Little Cayman?

We were looking at the Aggressor, but there seems to be a risk of it not making the crossing, and since the best diving appears to be on LC it seems to make more sense to spend the week on LC. We have been to GC once from a cruise ship many years ago, but this will be our first destination trip to the Caymans.

Thanks,
Craig

I'll be there Jan 5 - Mar 27. If you have time and want to go out shore diving, come look me up. I'm the last house before the lighthouse as you head west on the south shore.

Bruce

Bruce, my wife and I are considering a week at LCBR the last week of April. We will be travelling from Sacramento, and it looks like we will fly from Sac to Houston to Grand Cayman and then the local airline to Little Cayman. Any suggetions for travel from Nor Cal to Little Cayman?

Craig
As you've probably learned by now, getting there is not easy. Coming home is a breeze, bit it's getting there that is the problem. I always take a red-eye out of SFO and try to get to GCM by about 1 p.m. at the latest. My favorite route has always been on Delta through ATL, but this year their fares are higher. Consequently, I'm going on U.S. Airways through Charlotte to GCM. The trick is to get to GCM in time to catch the Cayman Airways flight on to Little Cayman. If you don't plan it right, you'll end up stuck on GCM overnight and hotels there are expensive. Be sure to allow plenty of time to connect in GCM, because you could end up in a long line at Immigration if a bunch of flights came in just before you arrived at GCM. Customs is always quick and easy (after you retrieve your luggage), but Immigration can be painfully slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom