Little Cayman Trip Report - May 8-15, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South4Scuba

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from my second dive trip to Little Cayman Beach Resort (LCBR). After diving The Brac four times and after it was damaged by Hurricane Paloma (?) we decided to give LCBR a try in 2009. We are really pleased with LCBR and may never return to The Brac unless we just want to check out the new renovations.

LCBR is a very nice resort and you get to know most of the staff by first name within a week of diving. The food is great, the rooms are very nice and the bar is the central gathering place for everyone. If you or your significant other likes nice rooms with good beds then LCBR is a place you will enjoy.

We had a great week of diving with Reef Divers. It was very windy all week long, but Reef Divers went out of their way to find dive sites accessible in the rough conditions. Even with 8 to 10 foot seas we were able dodge from one side of the island to the other to find dive opportunities. High winds are not really that common at Cayman, but it happens.

Bloody Bay Wall has many great dive sites that range from sheer wall drop offs at 90 feet to gentle sloping sand chutes that meander between large coral heads that can be explored. Marine life is very abundant and diverse. Some of the best diving you will ever experience in my opinion.

Lionfish are taking over the Caribbean and one of the latest spectator sports is watching the dive masters capture them. Based on the increase in Lionfish numbers between 2009 and 2010 we are in real trouble unless something becomes a predator to Lionfish.

Anyway, if you are looking for a very nice all-inclusive dive resort, Little Cayman Beach Resort would be a very good choice. We plan to return every year for the foreseeable future.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Great report.

We are going to miss you this June, Caroline.

Only November and December in LC for us this year.

Please tell everyone Hello!! for us.

Will do. We are considering Thanksgiving at LCBR but haven't made any definite plans yet. Although I have booked 2011 for LCBR - Jun 18th - 25th!

Just returned from my second dive trip to Little Cayman Beach Resort (LCBR). After diving The Brac four times and after it was damaged by Hurricane Paloma (?) we decided to give LCBR a try in 2009. We are really pleased with LCBR and may never return to The Brac unless we just want to check out the new renovations.

LCBR is a very nice resort and you get to know most of the staff by first name within a week of diving. The food is great, the rooms are very nice and the bar is the central gathering place for everyone. If you or your significant other likes nice rooms with good beds then LCBR is a place you will enjoy.

We had a great week of diving with Reef Divers. It was very windy all week long, but Reef Divers went out of their way to find dive sites accessible in the rough conditions. Even with 8 to 10 foot seas we were able dodge from one side of the island to the other to find dive opportunities. High winds are not really that common at Cayman, but it happens.

Bloody Bay Wall has many great dive sites that range from sheer wall drop offs at 90 feet to gentle sloping sand chutes that meander between large coral heads that can be explored. Marine life is very abundant and diverse. Some of the best diving you will ever experience in my opinion.

Lionfish are taking over the Caribbean and one of the latest spectator sports is watching the dive masters capture them. Based on the increase in Lionfish numbers between 2009 and 2010 we are in real trouble unless something becomes a predator to Lionfish.

Anyway, if you are looking for a very nice all-inclusive dive resort, Little Cayman Beach Resort would be a very good choice. We plan to return every year for the foreseeable future.

You gave the wrong report!:dropmouth: I was there that week too! :drunks:We were supposed to tell folks it was all crap, otherwise they will come too and drive up prices:D
Yes, a great dive week. Winds and seas only added to the adventure. Sharks, turtles, and groupers that get in your face.,, yeah, little Cayman.

Looks like you were leaving the day we arrived. We stayed the 15th -22nd. Another great week and I'll try and write a more detailed trip report in the next day or so. We had pretty calm seas all week.

We did have a conversation with "Mr. T" and the Brac Reef Resort isn't doing the business they would like to see. I don't know for sure but be on the lookout for some very good deals going there soon. Maybe they will even bring back the 2 for 1.

When we were booking recently, we originally looked at Brac Reef, but found that the prices at LC were better. I understand they want to recoup their investment for the renovation, but when the highlight of most trips to the Brac is the one day you get to go to LC, it is hard to see how they expect to charge more to go to the Brac than to go to LC.

QUOTE]

I'm glad you had a good trip.

Actually, high winds are not uncommon at LC, particularly in winter, or when there are storms in the area. However, the Reef Divers staff does work very hard to find the calmest dive conditions possible. I have spent quite a bit of time with Reef Divers, and I have never seen them go out in 8-10 foot seas. I doubt that they would. But then, LOL, I just noticed that you are from Texas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom