'Live Like You Were Dying'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baltimoron:
I know I still have many many years ahead of me

You HOPE, as we all do, that you have many, many years ahead of you. Kinda the point of the song........

I hate the song, the message is okay. I feel it kind of implies to go all-out, and forget that maybe there will be a tomorrow. Therefore it's not way up there on my list.

Absolutly hate the song. Don't know why, I usually like country, but I can't stand this one.

But to answer your question, I'm trying to make sure that what i do today I can live with tomorrow.

It surprises me how many hate the song. I can't think of any song I hate. :11:

Natasha:
So, my question to you, what do you still need to do, to "Live like you were dying"?

Well, I divorced the corporate world that sucked me in like a black hole and have been in pursuit of my own path for success for starters. I don't make the same cash flow right now, about 40% of what I was last year at this time in fact, however, I've spent more time with my family, considerably less stress, and I do things I want to do pretty much when I want to.

I live life by the philosophy of no "what if's" or "I wish I had done..."

I have fun with everything I do.

I have a great group of friends whom my family and I share time with and try to make every moment of time with them as best as it can be.

I watch as many sunsets and sunrises as I can.

I look up at the stars at night and wave to the astronauts in the Space Station when they periodically zip over... they can't see me, but hey, it makes me smile to know I can see them.

I have fun with every dive.

I meet as many people as I can and always try to find a smile.

Need I keep going?

I live like I'm dying. I started dying the minute I was born. None of us are guranteed tomorrow. So what do I do? I take the time to get to know others. I don't worry about what the future holds, because life is a journey. This doesn't mean that I don't think about the future, just that I don't WORRY about it. It's not things that matter most, it's WHO matters most.

My identical twin brother is on his second tour in Iraq right now, and before he went over the first time, I told him that I loved him and that he has been my best friend. My wife is very understanding of the bond between my brother and me.

I tell my wife several times a day that I love her, and I take the time to demonstrate my love for her, through the little things. The next time you're feeling stressed at work, or are having difficulties with a project, take some time and spend it in quiet conversation with a loved one. You just might be surprised at how much better you'll feel afterwards!

I saw this motivational speaker (older grandmotherly type) when I was a teenager that said she lived by 5 'L's in life. The first two were:

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow
Learn each day as if you'll live forever

I don't remember the last three (ADHD at it's best here
04.gif
) but I've never forgotten the above and try to conduct myself according to those rules.

I haven't heard the song, but it sounds along those lines. Since it's country I'm guessing I'll just have to live each day not hearing it too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom