Liveaboard - insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justwannadivenow3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi - i'm looking to book a liveaboard for October... if i am unable to travel due to travel restrictions the liveaboard company will give me a voucher for future use. the question is should i buy travel insurance for other incidentals?

from what i read, even a cancel for anything policy does not cover Covid so i'm leaning against the insurance

If you check the threads about Turks and Caicos, you can find some insurance providers that do offer policy that cover COVID related hospitalization and evacuation costs. Those are mandatory under the current T&C entrance rules.

What "other incidentals" are you concerned about? That will help us recommend what is available that is the best for covering your concerns. DiveAssure has a Liveaboard Rider that is available in addition to their regular travel insurance policy for diving. Their basic dive travel insurance covers some cases that standard travel ones don't, specific to diving such as that affected by weather or sickness (say, if you had an ear infection).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom