Liveaboards for people with seasickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a liveaboard out of Port Douglas to Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea, it was a rough crossing all night 8 to 10 hours, we were getting tossed up in our bunk and it was hard to sleep but after that crossing it was smooth going for the rest of the trip.

I took a liveaboard out of Port Douglas to Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea, it was a rough crossing all night 8 to 10 hours, we were getting tossed up in our bunk and it was hard to sleep but after that crossing it was smooth going for the rest of the trip.

Similar when we humped up to Wolf and Darwin in the Galapagos... but I think it was 16hrs. I almost had to lash myself down on a couch. Some were fine, some were queasy, and other hurled for hours.

ps - Chuck Norris was born in 1940 Chuck Norris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:d

I can get seasick on day boats. However, on Liveaboards, I have never been sick. And, I have been in some REALLY rough weather with 15 foot seas. When I first get on, the minute they leave port I take a marazine (my favorite remedy which is getting really hard to find). I stay on marazine the first two days and by then, I have my sea legs and need no more. When I have been on a boat for 20 days or more, I have to take marazine when the trip is over for a day. I get "land sick" and still feel the waves on the dry land.

I am taking a yacht to Socorro for a shark tagging expedition in May 2014. The closest I have come to sickness was in the Galapagos on an hour long ride on an inflatable raft to the first site. I was also in Cancun on a speedboat when two hours of bumping led me to repeatedly engage in "aqua dumping", as the captain called it. He was kind enough to stop the boat, causing my nauseous friend to heave every time.
In my case I have just experienced stomach issues, which I don't know how to fully address. I have read that installing a hammock (with permission) helps between dives, as does following a bland diet to prevent gas and acid.

Back
Top Bottom