LK's Pattaya Bash or I am a diver not a hairdresser crack head :-)

Which thread should these types of 'discussions' continue?

• LK's PATTAYA BASH THREAD

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I AM a Diver not a Hairdresser Crack Head :-)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Continue the way it is currently in any thread deemed appropriate by thoese involved

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you think divers who haven't been over to Thailand think dive shops over there are professional after reading these threads? Don't get me wrong I have had a laugh over here a few times, but I think for how many views there are on these threads it will undoubtedly tarnish the reputation of dive centers in Thailand. I wouldn't consider training with anyone engaged in this for one reason: It's Childish. I would much rather be trained then an adult then a child. I mean these are dive centers that are keeping these threads going, and even posting on year old threads everyone had long forgot about. It is hard to believe I could learn the skills needed to safely enjoy the underwater envirnment by dive centers who can't handle an internet dive forum.

I feel completely with in my rights to defend my Dive Centre against false allegations and from people on personal vendettas against the Pattaya dive industry.
Even though I have been a member of SB for a long time I did not visit it for many years, and I was shocked to read some of the comments here, especially the ones that are just not true. Mostly from this LK character he has made many false allegations, negative exaggerations and a lot of personal name calling :-(
Even after being offered a free day out by both us and Aquanauts.
Why wont he let us try to give him a positive dive experience here in Pattaya that he can come to SB and post about?
I even offered to dive with him myself even after all the nasty things he has said about me personally and show him why I still like diving in Koh Sak :)

Do any of you think it is possible that LK has an ulterior motive?

Which thread should these types of 'discussions' continue?
LK's PATTAYA BASH THREAD
I AM a Diver not a Hairdresser Crack Head :)
Continue the way it is currently in any thread deemed appropriate by thoese involved

Delete them all please. Pointless repetitive threads that serve no purpose.

I do agree Batfish to some extent, but free speech is allowed. I think containing it in one thread is best.

I do agree Batfish to some extent, but free speech is allowed. I think containing it in one thread is best.

As I recall, this has been tried. The problem is that Lord Khram is unable to let any comment about diving/diveshops in Thailand to pass without getting back on his hobby horse and riding it back into the ground.

Frankly, it has made the thai section of this board as boring as hell, with pretty much every thread descending into lets bash pattaya. Good grief, even threads on Phuket eventually wind up in how bad pattaya is.

Sheesh.

How do these threads look to those who are thinking of a diving vacation to Thailand???

Well, I personally love diving in the Pattaya area but I wouldn't recommend that "those who are thinking of a diving vacation to Thailand" come to Pattaya. I mean, if you happen to be in the Bangkok or Pattaya area and fancied some diving then Pattaya is very convenient and perfectly fine but Pattaya really IS at the bottom of the list of places to dive in Thailand anyway you look at it...

Fair enough comment Vie and it probably sums it up what diving in PTY concerns, however, there's no need as Josh mentions to keep dragging up some grudges you may have about certain dive shops in PTY. Ity only seems to lead to the fact that the whole Thai forum on SB is degenerating in a mud slinging contest in which the mods are surprisingly relaxed.

On the other hand, I go about twice a year to Pattaya to teach the instructor Wreck dive specialty, since it is wreck dive heaven in Thai waters, at least if you look at recreational depths.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom