LK's Pattaya Bash or I am a diver not a hairdresser crack head :-)

Which thread should these types of 'discussions' continue?

• LK's PATTAYA BASH THREAD

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I AM a Diver not a Hairdresser Crack Head :-)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Continue the way it is currently in any thread deemed appropriate by thoese involved

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which thread should these types of 'discussions' continue?
LK's PATTAYA BASH THREAD
I AM a Diver not a Hairdresser Crack Head :)
Continue the way it is currently in any thread deemed appropriate by thoese involved

Delete them all please. Pointless repetitive threads that serve no purpose.

Just get over it Batfish, others may have had differing experiences and have different views to your own.
And I am afraid wether you like it or not I shall continue to voice my opinion, or comment on my experiences as and when I see fit. with or without your approval.
Yet another that subscribes to the 'you can have your opinion as long as it agrees with mine' theory.
look at the poll and see, others must disagree with you judging by the results up to now.

Did you copy and paste this reply from the one you made for me in the other thread, or is this the original?

That makes quite a few people who are sitting around rolling thier eyes while youre "voicing your own opinions" (REALLY? Thats what you call it?). I'd really like to know what portion of this web board appreciates your posts as genuine imput sharing contributions or just intolerable repetitive droning? Perhaps that should be the next poll....

This forum has a definite element of unnecessary negativity and crap slinging- and YOURE at the epicenter quite often. Thats why until now I have rarely come in here. It stinks. Drives people off.

Last edited by a moderator:
This forum has a definite element of unnecessary negativity and crap slinging- and YOURE at the epicenter quite often. Thats why until now I have rarely come in here. It stinks. Drives people off.

Indeed and precisely. You can check my posts - my last one before yesterday was 6 months ago as its just not worth contribuing here. Lord Khram is a monomaniac with, evidently ample time on his hands to drive that pony and it just gets boring.

As Khram points out its his right to post as he sees fit. But its also the rest of our right to walk away from it.

Mods - take note.

Cave Diver:
At this point without doing extensive reading back and learning the dynamics of the forum and our cultural differences...

Cave Diver:
If the trash talking is a "normal" communication method for this culture...

What culture/culture differences are you referring to??

I read that cave diver.

..and indeed months ago reported problems in this section of the board - noting was done.

>Because of the time difference this forum is not typically active when most of the Mods are on the board.
Simple solution- appoint a mod for this part of the board. May I nominate Limbo? he is a long time poster, a course director and known to many who dive in Thailand and as level headed as they come.

>At this point without doing extensive reading back and learning the dynamics of the forum and our cultural differences it's difficult to tell if it is good natured ribbing amongst friends or if it is genuine vehemence.

Its your board mate - take the time or appoint a moderator. And no, its not cultural as most of the people posting are expatriates, not Thais (who also do not indulge in this type of behaviour anyway).

>Regardless, the name calling and insults are in violation of the Terms of Service (ToS) and it casts a poor reflection on the board in general and your area specifically and it needs to stop permeating every thread in your area.

We agree - read the threads. Most members as far as I can see are sick and tired of this. One member however insists on dragging pretty much every thread ito the same area, bashing Thailand in general, and specific dive locations and shops in particular.

>If the trash talking is a "normal" communication method for this culture

As noted its not.

It also needs to be toned down some to comply with the ToS for this board>

I beleive there is a specific section dealing with one issue posters in the TOS (can't remeber the web term) - maybe its time for you to actually impose compliance with the TOS?

> The staff will take whatever measures are necessary to keep this forum clear of TOS violations. Consider this your notification of such action.

the ball is in your court,and most members seem to support somehing being done in this section of the board. please do it.

>Those that don't get the message may find their privileges to participate revoked.

I have had my say, if you dsagree, revoke away. as noted, its been no fun posting here for quite some time.

josh

What culture/culture differences are you referring to??

I can't honestly answer that because I don't know. This thread is in the Thailand section. I'm from the U.S. I know that people from the U.S. often have a different view on things than people from the U.K., Canada, Mexico, etc. I don't presume to know what is par for the course somewhere else, but am willing to allow a certain leeway if this is a customary tone for that region.

I read that cave diver.

..and indeed months ago reported problems in this section of the board - noting was done.

Simple solution- appoint a mod for this part of the board. May I nominate Limbo? he is a long time poster, a course director and known to many who dive in Thailand and as level headed as they come.

Its your board mate - take the time or appoint a moderator. And no, its not cultural as most of the people posting are expatriates, not Thais (who also do not indulge in this type of behaviour anyway).

We agree - read the threads. Most members as far as I can see are sick and tired of this. One member however insists on dragging pretty much every thread ito the same area, bashing Thailand in general, and specific dive locations and shops in particular.

As noted its not.

I beleive there is a specific section dealing with one issue posters in the TOS (can't remeber the web term) - maybe its time for you to actually impose compliance with the TOS?

the ball is in your court,and most members seem to support somehing being done in this section of the board. please do it.

josh

Josh,

I can't speak for the previous reports. This is the first report from this section that I have been involved in and there were multiple reports made. That's why I came in to address it.

I don't set the policy for the board, I just help to enforce it. I have since done some moderation in this section and I have communicated with the affected users privately, which is how I feel it should be whenever possible. I will continue to monitor this section for issues, but I encourage each of you to report posts that are not in compliance with the ToS going forward. Appointing a forum specific mod is beyond the scope of my responsibilities. If you truly think this is necessary, my suggestion would be for you to start a thread in Site Support/Feedback so the powers that be can review it. In the meantime, I would ask that you report any issues that arise and give me the opportunity to address them.

As noted already, it's not my board and therefore not my place to appoint a regional Mod. Thank you for clearing up the cultural issue. I didn't believe this was the case, but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt before reacting.

I have read some of the threads, that's why I've had a presence here the past few days. Let's see if there is at least some improvement forthcoming shall we? The notice has been posted, I'm sure everyone has had a chance to review it and with the help of everyone here, the enforcement begins.

I have had my say, if you dsagree, revoke away. as noted, its been no fun posting here for quite some time.

I wanted to address this separately. I will never revoke your right to say something simply because I'm in disagreement with it. I will ask that you do so with civility and respect, the same as I would expect you do it with any other member. Those that can't abide by that will be asked to go play elsewhere.

John

I agree.... this forum should have a "local" mod.
Can it be done?

Consider me a "local mod on loan" for the moment. If anyone has an issue, feel free to PM me directly.

I addressed the local mod issue in my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom