Lobster bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mgtawt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What king of lobster bag should I get ?
I have never hunted before so what would be easiest
1handed
Regular bag
Trap door type

I was looking at those

9B4049AB-42B7-4532-A122-10D6C460C4E4.png
This is the style I like it opens wide so you can put a decent size lobster in it. Also easy to to store it on the dive until needed as you can fold the bottom of the bag into the opening and close it so it’s not dragging. Some of the trap door ones are not that easy to stuff a flopping larger lobster into.

The lobster bag which is referenced initially is very common in Florida. It is quick and simple and robust. The mouth can handle lobsters up to maybe 5-6 lbs without too much trouble. I am not sure on the exact maximum size, it depends on how many legs you are willing to sacrifice and also the males have bigger "heads". In any case, for MOST areas in Florida, that bag is more than adequate, but if you are diving where the lobsters are commonly larger, then I would use some other kind of bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom