Lobster Mini Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mini season limits are 6 per person per day except in Palm Beach County which is 12 per person per day.

Nope, mini season limits are 6 per person per day in Monroe County and 12 per person per day everywhere else in Florida.

It's my religious holiday. I never miss it. But then, I know where to go and when to go to beat the crowds. Nope, not tellin' either! :D

And I don't go to Monroe County either. Why go all the way down there for 12 bugs when I can stay up here in Broward and catch 24? :crafty:

Mini-season is a zoo or two of THE best days of the year out there. I would not go out off Miami-Dade or Broward counties due to the insane boat traffic, but the ramp in Boca is for residents-only unless a really hefty out-of-area launch permit is purchased, and the permits are checked at the ramp.
Offshore, I have never had any other boats within a couple of miles of me.
The law enforcement people are out there, but if you don't have any shorts or female lobsters and your vessel is legal, what's the problem? Plus, they help out at the dock and they are some of the few people who actually know how to tie off a line.
Some summer days in Lake Boca, I have seen Boca PD, Palm Beach county sheriff, Homeland Security, and ICE boats all rotating through. It's nice in there for them too, although you feel kinda bad for them since they can't have a few beers.
So, whatever you do, stay home for mini-season. Mahalo for your kokua.

I'll be in the Keys both before and after mini-season ("so I got that going for me" :wink:).

Is it true that night diving is verboten in Monroe county during the two day mini-season? Or just that its no-take? Reading the regs on MyFWC.com makes it seem like no night diving at all those two days (er, or nights, or whatever...). If so, how far out would that apply?

I'll be in the Keys both before and after mini-season ("so I got that going for me" :wink:).

Is it true that night diving is verboten in Monroe county during the two day mini-season? Or just that its no-take? Reading the regs on MyFWC.com makes it seem like no night diving at all those two days (er, or nights, or whatever...). If so, how far out would that apply?
:hmmm: where does it mention no night captures?

It's my religious holiday. I never miss it. But then, I know where to go and when to go to beat the crowds. Nope, not tellin' either! :D

And I don't go to Monroe County either. Why go all the way down there for 12 bugs when I can stay up here in Broward and catch 24? :crafty:
:D :callme:

:hmmm: where does it mention no night captures?
MyFWC.com Lobster Information

The spiny lobster sport season will fall on July 30th and 31st for 2008. The bag limits are 6 per person per day for Monroe County and Biscayne National Park, and 12 per person per day for the rest of Florida. The possession limit on the water is equal to the daily bag limit, and off the water is equal to the daily bag limit on the first day, and double the daily bag limit on the second day. Possession limits are enforced on and off the water. Spiny lobster has a minimum size limit that must be larger than 3" carapace, measured in the water. A reminder that possession and use of a measuring device is required at all times, and night diving is prohibited in Monroe County (only during the sport season). A recreational saltwater license and a crawfish permit are needed for harvest. Regular spiny lobster season is August 6 through March 31. The bag limit is 6 per person per day. Harvest of lobster is prohibited in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park during the sport season. Harvest is also prohibited during both the 2-day sport season and regular season in Everglades National Park, Dry Tortugas National Park, and no take areas in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.
Bold for emphasis.

Not true Debby, there are no lobster left in Broward County. Nothing to see here folks, you'd better head down to the keys.:D

Mini season limits are 6 per person per day except in Palm Beach County which is 12 per person per day.

I'm just absolutely certain what you meant to write is "the statewide mini-season limit is twelve/day except in Monroe County where it's six".
I'm sure it was an honest error and not just stated that way because you're a Palm Beach charter operation :rofl2:

Nope, mini season limits are 6 per person per day in Monroe County and 12 per person per day everywhere else in Florida.

I find it funny he either doesn't know this or thought he could post this nonsense and not get called on it..... :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom