Lobster record??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Seabrook, NH on Rt. 286 there's a seafood place called Brown's. Inside in a case there's a 30 1/2 lb (according to the plaque) lobster hanging on the wall. The thing's enormous! The crusher was way bigger than my head. If you're ever in the area, check it out. Their food's pretty good too, btw :)

-Roman.

I remember seeing one in the Boston Museum of Science that was around 26 lbs??? It might have been a blue one too - it's been quite a few years since I saw it.

The largest I caught was 9 & 1/2 # @ 2' long. Caught it in 130 fsw on the wreck the San Gil out of Ocean City, MD last year. See attached picture. Had to buy a 30 qt seafood cooker to cook it. After a 15 min nap in the freezer to put it to sleep, I boiled it whole for 55-60 minutes. It was the best lobster the wife and I ever had! It produced to belly busting meals for 2.

I've seen pictures of 3' 45 # ones in old issues of Skin Diver. I'll try to find them and post the pics.

Dave D

Cooking was a problem, Larry (the Lobster) stuck out of the 30 qt pot!

Dave D

A picture of Larry (the Lobster) next to a color coded yard stick.

Dave D

Here is a Flordia Spiney I got last Fall, that is a full size aluminum 80 tank he is riding on by the way!

He was my Buddy for the 2nd half of the dive.

Cheers,

BC

I heard somewhere that that monster lobster at the Boston Museum of Science (or was it the Aquarium?) was accidentally dropped or something while the tank was being cleaned, and that the impact with the floor was quite disastrous.

Anybody else hear that? Any more details? Is it even true?

Back
Top Bottom