Local grinds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't remember the name, but a nice hole in the wall place where I got breakfast on Kauai that consisted of bacon, eggs and rice. Yum! (Sometimes with Spam)

I never been to Hawaii, but over here on the mainland my favorites would be:

She Crab Soup from a restaurant called the Privateer at Bohicket Marina on Kiawah Island SC

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza from Giordano's in downtown Chicago

gkndivebum:
Long black piggie from Killer Tacos in Kona. (Longboard burrito with black beans and kalua pork).
BTW, I think that K-T has opened a place on the North Shore (Oahu) somewhere.

I'm in San Diego right now, so at least I can get good Mexican food! Hmmm. Machaca for lunch.
Anything with Kalua pork has to be good!

Hank49:
What? no poi?
Yeah like I'm going to fall for that. Poi is a cruel local tradition where Hawaiians bet each other what they can get the mainlanders to eat.

What is Kalua pork?
How do you prepare it?
And why is a Kalua Pork sandwich so good?

I know it's touristy, but I always do a traditional first morning on Maui breakfast at Longhi's on Front Street in Lahaina town.

Wings:
What is Kalua pork?
How do you prepare it?
And why is a Kalua Pork sandwich so good?
The Kalua pig is the pig cooked in the imu pit (wrapped in leaves, burried under dirt, and cooked inside and out by hot rocks) and served at luaus. The pork sandwiches are just the pulled pork from a pig prepared that way and boy is it good!

And right now it's so hot in the (S.F.) Bay Area that I could really go for a large shave ice!

Back
Top Bottom