Local takes a hit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately there is a alot of learning from the instance this occured until I drove Jay to the chamber that this board will probably not have the chance to benefit from.

so...what can I take home?

I do get the difference between baratrauma and IEDSC now.

what else should I know? that Rockjock has one strike against him, so heads up?

because I am hearing that you all have not identified anything you'd change, right?

Kev,

Thanks for that info on the differences. That is a nice concise explaination. I will also do some searching as you suggested.

To all others.

Had my MRI yesterday and will get the results next week. I'll also go to the Audiologist next Tuesday to get tested. I'll let you all know results and tests as they come available. On a similar note.

I am pretty much 100% now. No more residuals from all the chamber time or the injury. The only thing now is getting all the proper tests, seeing if there is anything wrong that needs to be fixed/treated, and getting cleared to dive again (about 2.5 weeks.) I'll keep you all up.

Unfortunately there is a alot of learning from the instance this occured until I drove Jay to the chamber that this board will probably not have the chance to benefit from.
Sherman, I am having trouble deciphering this comment. Can you explain/expand on it?

Had my MRI yesterday and will get the results next week.

I am curious what they think they could see on an MRI this far out.

unless they are ruling out a brain tumor or something like that...

did they tell you Jay?

are they going to do a bubble echo, that is what I really want to know. If the military is going to pay for that, proactively. An MRI this far out makes no sense to me, I wonder if Kev knows? ...since he works in a chamber I think. What questions are you asking? I would really like to be able to follow the medical logic of the work-up you are getting, that is what would be most educational to me.

before somebody starts flaming me, I am sure they have a reason (I just want to know why they did an MRI this far out and what they were trying to rule out)

ps--a doctor I know just said that they are probably just ruling out other causes (like acoustic neuroma or something like that) because any gas bubbles would be absorbed by now. He said that fluid leakage from the cochlea might be visible. It would be interesting to see what Dr Deco or somebody like that says...

Military has the option of going to a Military hospital for treatment
So...can you just drive straight to Tripler?

Jay,

Not to interrupt the "spirited discussion",but I came upon this thread 'late", and I'm certainly not a 'local".

As one who had an"unexpected hit" a few years ago, I'm glad that you got to a place that gave you the proper care, and hope that your recovery continues and is complete in every.

Be well,

Mike

can I ask about the credentials of the dive physicians?

lol

was it Andy, The Bachelor?

so...an "undeserved hit" would have a mathematical definition...some occurance outside of what is statistically significant, right?

So, really, the profile has a clear answer assuming he has the 1:5 chance of some degree of PFO ruled out, am I thinking about this correctly?

Obviously all the chamber rides shows that it is a hit

are you basing this on his symptoms resolving? because sometimes that can be just a function of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom