Location of Oasis under Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry i have been real busy with work...
umm you can get to the dock from Graham clark rd off of hwy 65.. it dead ends to lemonwood ln.. the boat dock easment is off of lemonwood ln.. lemonwood is a circle drive.. about 30 - 40 houses on this street..

but you can't put a boat in there. it is just an easment to the boat dock.....
the nearest place to put a boat in is at Big Cedar lodge... that would be your best bet..
oasis bluff is directly across from the boat dock..
and is almost directly in front of the cove to Big Cedar Lodge..

sorry Daniel i wasn't home this last weekend. i have been real busy with work. i am hoping to get home this next weekend but i have a wedding to photograph in st louis the 6th.. its that time of year.. no rest for the busy photographer ya know..
ahaha:D
hope you all had a good rally at Bull Shoals...

Tanya

From what we have been told too the estimated depth of the town is 100ft.. but that is just from what i have heard... i am not a diver so i don't know this info for myself..

LakeScubaDiver:
How do you get to this boat dock and what is the estimated depth of the town? Also what is the nearest boat ramp? Just got a new boat!! THANKS!

Tawn9:
sorry Daniel i wasn't home this last weekend. i have been real busy with work. i am hoping to get home this next weekend but i have a wedding to photograph in st louis the 6th.. its that time of year.. no rest for the busy photographer ya know..
ahaha:D
hope you all had a good rally at Bull Shoals...

Tanya

No problem, Tanya...I KNOW all too well how busy this time of the year is for photographers.

OK, here's a post to bump this one into the light of day.

I just scanned this "Bluff" area with my side scanning sonar and saw not much. Is there a lat long on the suspected site? Perhaps I have the areas mixed up.

I did this scan of the Zebulon Pike:

00004.jpg

This image is the cabin cruiser at Jake's Point Island:

00001.jpg

This is an image of the ridge extending out from The Bluff:

00005.jpg

But, I did not see a sunken city. So you claim there is a town down there huh? I did not see no stink'n town!

DSCF0086.jpg

N

The problem is the gallery is down, so the pics and stuff aren't there to show locations.

This is the town center, did you scan near it?

36 32 19N
093 17 58W

Update, I dove Oasis or what I think it to be. The GPS is:

36 degrees 32.384N
093 degrees 17.997W

I hit several objects on sonar in and about this mark. I have three marks, this is number two. I dove the area and found cultural remains and evidence this area was demolished and abandoned.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom