Location of Oasis under Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a screen shot from Google Earth for Referance....

attachment.php

BTW, Big Ceder is an awsome resort to stay at :wink:

modiver71:
I've been diving TR for the last 15 years. I've never talked with anyone who has dived Oasis. That being said, I'm sure there is someone around who has. For anyone doing serious research, the lake filled in 1959-1960, so keep in mind when using the 1944 topo map. I would also contact some of the local marinas with dive shops to see if any of them can point you in the right direction. Slim @ State Park Marina comes to mind. Too deep and too cold for my preferences, but if anyone is going on the Oasis hunt, let me know and I'll offer surface support.

Re: MidwestDive.com group dive
Quote:
Originally Posted by do it easy
Ahh yes, the lost city of Oasis. I heard that it was about 100' deep. I hope that Scubaba was posting elevations?

I know a guy, who knows a guy that met a pirate who that had a map tattooed on his back. Sounds interesting, no? Although I don't think that it would be a good meet up dive. I don't mind driving to dive, but I don't know my schedule until after it happens, so go ahead and plan it. I'll try to make it.

I hear that all the time. Out of doing about 50 or so dives more on the plus side, I have not found the town Oasis. I have found a piller to the bridge that went across long creek. I have done a wide amount of research on this and evevn talked to a Corps person that worked at moving and burning stuff there when they moved the town. I don't think it is there. All I hear is I got a buddy that knows a buddy that has been there. Funny how I have not found it and it should be in about 150 feet of water when lake is at power pool wich is 915.0 feet above sea level.

SLIM

I always thought that magazine article played up the mythical legendary aspects too much. I agree it was Corps policy at the time to raze just about everything before the lake flooded. Any surviving structure would be foundation only. I figure if anyone knows about it, Slim at State Park Marina would be the guy.

Now for a real Ozark Atlantis, check out the following link: WITH PICTURES!
http://www.ky3.com/news/2277151.html

tobad78:
to deep and cold for me but if you guys do go fot it let me know. I can help out on the surface or with staging..

To me beaver lake looks more interesting. I'll take a look next weekend.

:D :D Gotta have a dry suit!!!:D :D

I take it you're going to be a DUI Rally, huh?

We all need to be sure to meet up there.

Is there a common motel divers use for this rally? I know I can pick any but I don't know the area and would want an affordable motel that's not too far away.

cummings66:
Is there a common motel divers use for this rally? I know I can pick any but I don't know the area and would want an affordable motel that's not too far away.

Matthew, there's no "diver" motel that I'm aware of. The wife and I are simply camping at the locat KOA. One of my buddies and his wife are staying at the Dam Site Cabins for less than $60 a night, I think.

MANY of the hotels/motels I called were already booked. Bring a tent, if you want. You can share my spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom