Location of Oasis under Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cummings66:
Is there a common motel divers use for this rally? I know I can pick any but I don't know the area and would want an affordable motel that's not too far away.

We're staying @ Pointe West Resort, it's about the closest motel to the dam site. About $65 for a dbl.

They may have a couple rooms open, I don't think "St Somewhere" or "The Skull" are going to make it now & they both had reservations.

Terry

Ya'll have fun in Beaver Lake... It will be the first DUI Days in 3 years I haven't been able to make... I'll be down south sweating in 86 degree water with 150 ft visibility with lots of colorful fish....

Robb

I feel real bad for you, if you twist my arm I might offer to take your spot. Purely from the standpoint of keeping you in good health mind you, I wouldn't enjoy it a bit, in fact it's a big sacrifice but I'm willing...

Firecracker:
Matthew, there's no "diver" motel that I'm aware of. The wife and I are simply camping at the locat KOA. One of my buddies and his wife are staying at the Dam Site Cabins for less than $60 a night, I think.

I'm leaning towards camping right now, my daughter Elizabeth has been asking me to camp for the last month or so and it's been a long time since we've camped out. Last time was our trip to Airventure when she was 6 months old, gotta get the tent out and make sure all is well with it.

I might make a concession and get a site with electricity this time, I've always done the primitive but I'm getting soft.

cummings66:
I'm leaning towards camping right now, my daughter Elizabeth has been asking me to camp for the last month or so and it's been a long time since we've camped out. Last time was our trip to Airventure when she was 6 months old, gotta get the tent out and make sure all is well with it.

I might make a concession and get a site with electricity this time, I've always done the primitive but I'm getting soft.

Matt,

There is a nice COE campground on the South side of the dam. Showers, elect, boat ramp, some shaded sites but I'm sure the best one will be gone by Sat am.

Terry

cummings66:

Sounds great! Give the Eureka Springs KOA a shout. I'm already booked there (w/ electricity!:D )

EUREKA SPRINGS KOA
15020 Hwy 187
Eureka Springs, AR 72631
479-253-8036

Hey Guys

Sorry i havent been on in a while been really busy,
I got back home this weekend ( i travel alot with my job) i took some pictures of the lake, I also tired to go to the library to look up some info on the Town of Oasis but the Lilbrary was closed due to power outage from the Branson Landing constructions....plus they were doing consturction to the library too i think they are making it bigger... so i hit a dead end there.. i was hoping to learn a little more about Oasis, Mo.. ahahah oh wells another time..
Rottielover that google of the area is pretty much correct..
heres a picture of the area i think Oasis is at...

hope this helps all
Heres an attachment if the pic doesn't show much please fogive me for the electrical wire being in the way of this pic it is for the point 3 dock that is sitting there. it was in my way.. boy if i could have just waved a wand and moved it that would have been great ahhahah... talk with you all soon.. when i get a chance to get back to the library i will let you all know.. Tanya

dsc00696tg.jpg

Heres another one just a different view from the boat dock..:D

dsc00438yl.jpg

okey if anyone can tell me too how come these are coming out really pixelated that would be great.. they were clear when i saved them to my computer and are still when i open them to look at but when i post them here they are blurred etc. errrr.

How do you get to this boat dock and what is the estimated depth of the town? Also what is the nearest boat ramp? Just got a new boat!! THANKS!

Tanya,

If you're going to be home this weekend (22-23), why don't you come by the DUI Dog Rally at Beaver Dam so we all can talk about this "Oasis" thing?

I'll pm you my number....I'm pretty sure it works up there :)

In the 1980's the National Parks Service did a full review of all inundated sites of this nature. Each is listed and tons of information is available in the Fedral Lands Inundation Study report. Contact the Submerged Resources Center of the NPS for a copy. Have fun. Watch out for silt out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom