Location of Oasis under Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt,
Let me know when you're planning a trip to TR to look for Oasis. I haven't been diving in a month so I'd like to go before my Cozumel trip in April.

Robb

Well got my new toy but the stupid weather has went from 50 and 60 to 40 and 30 degrees. It SUCKS, I am anxiously waiting for the temp to go up so I can try it out. Just like Missery(Missouri) not to work with me. At least I start my AOW this Wednesday, can not wait for that either. I let you guys know how the first test run goes with the scooter, if the weather will cooperate. :14:

If you guys are interested in it check it out @ NFMDIRECT.COM You will be surprised how affordable it was :)

Greetings Floridawannabe,

Well looks like snow flurries are moving out today~ and Should be headed to mid 50's temp wise this coming week!

May get a chance to break in the new toy < Very cool by the way!

Yeah... please let us know how the diver transporter works out.

Congrats on the AWO coming up.

Safe and Great Diving.

Cheers

DrRobb:
Matt,
Let me know when you're planning a trip to TR to look for Oasis. I haven't been diving in a month so I'd like to go before my Cozumel trip in April.

Robb

I'll let you know, been busy the last couple days trying to get some photo stuff done in my darkroom. I am switching to B&W and wanted to setup some gear for testing, I figure B&W is more useful for pics than color is around here and when I get to TR I'd like to take pics if I can.

When in April are you planning on your Coz trip?

Matt,
I'm heading down to Coz April the 22.. It's the same day as DUI Dog days so I won't be making it this year.

Robb

Well got to try out my new BC and New water scooter when air temp was 83. They both work great and I dropped 6 pounds off my BC. :D The water was cold so I only did a one tank dive, 40 degrees need a DRY SUIT. I will have to medicate my wife again for that one but in a year or two maybe :D I love the BC it was easy to swim in and the integrated weight was awsome, no more weight belt around my ankles. The wing also allows ALL the air to be released so no trapped air add bouyance. I do have to work out my weight placement, I was worried about tipping forward so much I over weighted myself in the back trim pouches. Then when I dropped the weight in the front another 6 pounds, I felt like I was being pulled backwards or rolling. I will have it worked out before April and my AOW certification.:14:

Tawn9 keep us up to date with any info you can find out.

I got to reading this topic and did a litte research.
You can get a topo map of the area (pre-lake) from the COE office. Here is what I found on hteir web site.

Q. Where is your office located?

A. We are located just south of the Table Rock Dam, in the same building as the Dewey Short Visitors Center, at 4600 State Highway 165, Branson, Missouri. Our office hours are 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except federal holidays.

Mailing Address:
US Army Corps of Engineers
Table Rock Lake Project Office
4600 State Highway 165, Suite A
Branson, Missouri 65616-8980
Phone:
(417) 334-4101
Toll Free: 1-877-691-0558
Fax: (501) 324-5762
E-mail: ceswl-tr@swl02.usace.army.mil

Q. How can I obtain a map of Table Rock Lake?

A. There are two types of maps available:
1) A topographical map, used primarily by fishermen and divers, was produced in 1944 prior to the impoundment of the lake. It is available to pick up at the Project Office for $20.00 each, or if you prefer we can mail it to you for an additional $6.00 each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom