Lodge Kura Hulanda in Curacao for vaca?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underthesea81

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone stayed on the west side of Curacao at the Lodge Kura Hulanda? Looking at booking there with my family during the Curacaonow promo.
Wife doesnt dive, son (will be) 1.5 so it looks like itll be good for all of us.
Has anyone used Ocean Encounters West on the site there for diving? Good for newer divers? Just looking for some advice, as the hotel looks great but personal experience always helps. Also some dive areas around that hotel would be solid, thank you!

I have and it is great!!

The rooms are very nice and the amenities are as well.

You wife will enjoy the pool for sure. Beach is acceptable. Restaurants are nice as well.

Management and staff are very friendly and helpful.

It is about as nice a place as you can stay. Honestly.

There is not a lot around the Lodge, but it is quiet and beautiful. Sunsets are great.

You will need a car to see the island and visit other restaurants like Sol Food and Landhiuse Misje.

The dive operation is top notch. The shore dive there is awesome. Boat dives are good as well. Staff is awesome.

We like it enough to plan two return trips this year and are working on a third.

Last edited:
Very nice place to stay and dive, we've been there once (out of many trips to Curacao) and are planning a return trip. A bit remote but that means the diving on site is nicer. Fine place for new divers.

We just booked our third trip to LKH - it is an outstanding place to stay. Only drawback is if you go when they are slow the restaurants quality/service tends to slip at dinner - but there are other places to eat that are reasonably close.

The diving is awesome!!

We like the KLH first floor ocean view rooms. Dive shop is awesome, restaurants are hit or miss. If you are looking for can't miss dinners at reasonable price you'll have to leave the resort. SOL food is a can't miss for all sorts of specialties, it's a hot walk from KLH (drive it). Interesting places along the way might be Playa Forti for a beer, never tried El Rancho but its open for business and Janncies w/the talking menu we tried that a few times but they have birds all over the restaurant in cages and free flying colorful sparrow types that will help themselves to your water and sugar when you are not looking. Go down town at least once and eat lunch or dinner at Kura Hulanda's original resort w/museum.

Hi! We're really not tooo far from the Lodge; just under a half mile. It's a pleasant walk as there is not much light pollution and the skies are bright and full with the stars and moon. Besides, it's an easier way to walk off the pizza or brownies. LOL
Jaanchies in under a mile walk from the Lodge but Rancho Sobrino would be a couple of miles maybe cutting off about a half mile if you take a short cut through the trees behind our house. I've seen folks walk to Misje but I'd guesstimate it is well over 2 miles form the Lodge.
I'll sometimes walk to the Lodge/dive shop and yes, chit chat and then snorkel back to the house - see other threads for comments on the one way dive between OEW and the dock in Westpunt Bay....

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! Definitely confirms I will be making a good choice, really appreciate the insight and advice, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom