Lodging in George Town, GC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shake-and-bake

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In a few months I will make my first trip to Grand Cayman. I will be diving with Indepth Watersports, which is located on Hell (?!) in George Town. I know there are many posts that discuss places to stay on GC; most seem to be pretty general, and my question is specific: What is a good place to stay in/near George Town that is convenient to the dive op? I'm not really looking for a budget room, but don't need/want Ritz-Carlton level luxury. Clean, comfortable, and convenient is what I'm looking for (single traveller).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Hmm - this is the address I had for them, which I assumed was in GT - "27 Hell George Town West Bay KY1 1401 Grand Cayman." Guess I was wrong.

Thanks much for the suggestions I will check them out.

Big second on Sunshine Suites. I've stayed there many times and I've stayed at the Ritz next door many times. Take my word for it- you can't go wrong at Sunshine. No, it's not on 7 Mile but they do have access (besides, you're diving anyway). Superb customer service and a fantastic staff. Plus, the Sunshine Grill is probably the best place you'll eat. I highly recommend the Kitchen Sink burger and as many Pusser's Painkillers as you want.

Since you'll have dive gear, definitely request bottom floor room. No elevators.

Hey shake and bake, Good choice on the hotel. I'll PM you closer to your trip. I'll be down around the same time and will be looking for a buddy for some afternoon shore dives.

And FWIW, addresses in Cayman are PO Boxes... which may be at a location convenient to the home of the owner rather than any business location.

Back
Top Bottom