Logging Dives In Dive Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello if you solo dive, how do you log dives in your book? You have no buddie to sign it so how do you do it?
Cheers CHris

Log books are more of a journal of your dives. You don't have to have it signed. I have never been asked for my log book and I have been to quite a few places.

Still have that BP/W for sale? :D

Hey Dennis, no ima keep the bp/wing till i have more money to buy another. Like a Haylcon or a OMS. But it will be this month im thinking. Ill get rid of it cheap for ya man. Where do you guys get your dive log pages from? Downloaded from the net?

I sign it myself (like you might sign any paperwork you fill in) and where it has checkboxes for "buddy, instructor, DM" i write *ME*
:D

ChrisCrash:
Hello if you solo dive, how do you log dives in your book? You have no buddie to sign it so how do you do it?
Cheers CHris

I still log 90% of my dives. I don't bother with the stuff for OW students (6m for 20mins isn't worth the effort of writing as far as the logbook is concerned), but I was asked for my logbook when I did a TDI course last month. For some more advanced courses and certs you need 250 or more dives (or whatever number...), so its worth logging, even if there's not always someone there to verify.

I've never asked a buddy, DM, or instructor to sign any of my logbooks.

I do record mine but not always will I get it signed. Solo dives I mark in big letters "SOLO". Only one who gives me any flack about that is my instructor:D . That's why I do it:wink: . I also have gotten in the habit of filling out pages right after the dive with basic info and filling in the details later. This sometimes means that my dive buddy, if I have one, is maybe doing something else and then if I can I'll get him to sign before we leave but if not it's no big deal. I put his initials next to the line and have him sign it next trip. As for solo dives if an op asks about them I'm up front about it. Yes, I solo, what about it? So far it's been ok. Nobody has told me I'm going to die.

JimLap:
I do record mine but not always will I get it signed. Solo dives I mark in big letters "SOLO". Only one who gives me any flack about that is my instructor:D . That's why I do it:wink: . I also have gotten in the habit of filling out pages right after the dive with basic info and filling in the details later. This sometimes means that my dive buddy, if I have one, is maybe doing something else and then if I can I'll get him to sign before we leave but if not it's no big deal. I put his initials next to the line and have him sign it next trip. As for solo dives if an op asks about them I'm up front about it. Yes, I solo, what about it? So far it's been ok. Nobidy has told me I'm going to die.
You're going to die.

:lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom